Colonial Tour – 11 Days – Sri Lanka
A comprehensive tour of Sri Lanka dwelling into its historical past & its natural beauty. It includes a few days stay at a beach hotel in the south of Sri Lanka. The tour is an ideal one as it is complemented by Colonial style accommodation where ever possible at a reasonable rate.
Day 1 AIRPORT / COLOMBO
Stay in colonial style accommodation as far as possible on the Colonial Tour, taking in the rich history of Sri Lanka its fascinating culture and beautiful scenery. Elephant back riding in the forest and tea plantations in the hills and its beaches.
Arrival at the Colombo international airport and transfer to hotel. At P.M. visit the fascinating city of Colombo which links the past with the present. You will visit the Fort area, the commercial center, Colombo’s bustling bazaar area and a cinnamon garden filled with large residences. Later on visit the Buddhist temple in Kelaniya. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 2 COLOMBO / NEGOMBO / ANURADHAPURA
After breakfast, leave for Anuradhapura. En-route visit Negombo. It is largely Roman Catholic by faith, with huge imposing churches down almost every street. The sea and the catamarans are the backdrop to the Negombo scenery.
At P.M. visit Anuradhapura and enjoy the ruins of the first capital in Sri Lanka founded in the 05th century B.C. It is known to have the largest number of ancient monuments of a great civilization. World Heritage city Anuradhapura, in picturesque ruins, was once a major center of SriLankan civilization. Installation at a hotel for an overnight stay, dinner included.
Day 3 AVUKANA / SIGIRIYA
After breakfast visit Aukana 30km North-West of the Golden Dambulla Rock Temple, the village of Aukana located close to the large ancient Kala Wewa rainwater reservoir which is home to the best preserved ancient statue in Sri Lanka.
Visit Sigiriya, located in the North-Central part of Sri Lanka which still preserves the architectural tradition of the country. The town is famous for its Lion Rock, Gardens and Sanctuary. Sigiriya has spectacular importance in SriLanka as an ancient palace complex, erected during the reign of King Kashyapa, it has been declared by UNESCO a world heritage site. In the evening relax & the overnight stay is at the hotel (dinner included).
Day 4 POLONNARUWA / MEDIRIGIRIYA
After breakfast get ready for an excursion to Polonnaruwa, the second ancient capital city for three centuries, it is a site which cannot be missed in Sri Lanka with many well preserved ruins of palaces and monasteries . In the late afternoon visit Medirigiriya. The Medirigiriya Vatadage is on a high circular stage. It has three concentric circles of pillars (with the same center) and a decorated stone wall about three and a half feet high. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay with dinner.
Day 5 DAMBULLA / MATALE / NALANDA GEDIGE / KANDY
After breakfast leave for Kandy. En-route visit Dambulla. In Sri Lankan history, the Dambulla cave complex dates back to 3rd and 2nd centuries B.C. Even before the making of the complex it was well established as one of the largest monasteries in Sri Lanka. The Dambulla caves have been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The area is also known for bird watching, next visit Nalanda Gedige the Abu Simbel of Sri Lanka. Nalanda Gedige is one out of a number of remarkable archaeological sites in Sri Lanka, on the way to Kandy visit a spice garden and a batik factory in Matale. In the evening arrive at the hotel in Kandy. Also known as the center of traditional arts in Sri Lanka visit the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Buddha. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay with dinner included.
Day 6 KANDY / PINNAWELA / KANDY
After breakfast leave for Pinnawela and visit the elephant orphanage. The orphanage was established to feed , nurse & house young elephants abandoned by their mothers. The young ones often fall into pits and ravines in their quest for water specially during the drought season. At P.M. visit the city of Kandy. The most famous landmark of Kandy is its lake, in the center of the city. Visit the Kandy Museum. Late in the evening view the Kandyan cultural performance. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay with dinner.
Day 7 KANDY / PERADENIYA / NUWARA ELIYA
After breakfast visit the royal botanical gardens of Peradeniya which is well known for its large number and variety of plants. The garden is best known for its collection of orchids, which are the largest in Asia. At P.M. leave for Nuwara Eliya the center of hill country, en-route visit a tea plantation and witness the manufacture of the world famous Ceylon tea. Gregory Lake is one of the most attractive locations in Nuwara Eliya and Shanthipura (the city view point). Spend the evening walking in the cool climate. Later on arrive at hotel for dinner & an overnight stay.
Day 8 NUWARA ELIYA /ELLA / BUDURUWAGALA / KATARAGAMA / YALA
After breakfast leave for Tissamaharama region stop at Ella to admire the magnificent view then visit Buduruwagala. The term Buduruwagala means ”the rock with the statue of Buddha”, this is exactly what it is. The name was coined due to the rock formed in the shape of a kneeling elephant. The statues date back to 10 century AD. You would then pay a visit to the sacred city of Kataragama. At P.M. get ready for a safari adventure in the Yala Park. You would cruise around in a jeep and enjoy the view of wild elephants, it is undoubtedly the best known attraction at Yala. The elephants are seen in small & large herds. Herds of spotted deer are seen all over the park. Monkeys like the Pinkish Rhesus and the Grey-faced Langur live and play on the tree-tops and the ground below. Wild buffalo & wild boar would startle you with their presence & the sight of a leopard catching some sun or drinking at a water hole could be a memorable experience. Arrive at hotel for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 9 WELIGAMA / GALLE / BEACH STAY
After breakfast leave for Galle, en route view the stilt fisherman of Weligama as they fish, then visit the Old Portuguese fort, later rebuilt and extended by the Dutch. It is still well preserved. Most of the administration in Galle still takes place from the Fort . The view from the ramparts is superb. The Galle Fort is a World Heritage site and the largest remaining fortress in Asia built by European colonists. The journey includes a stay at a beach hotel. In the evening relax, enjoy your beach dinner and overnight stay.
Day 10 BEACH DAY
Relax at the beach hotel, dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 11 BEACH / AIRPORT
Transfer to Airport after breakfast.
|Day 1||Galle Face Hotel (Landmark Room)|
|Day 2||Sanctuary at Tissawewa|
|Day 3||The Lake Hotel Polonnaruwa|
|Day 4||The Lake Hotel Polonnaruwa|
|Day 5||Suisse Hotel (Superior)|
|Day 6||Suisse Hotel (Superior)|
|Day 7||Mirage King's Cottage|
|Day 8||EKHO Safari Hotel|
|Day 9||Club Villa Bentota (Deluxe room)|
|Day 10||Club Villa Bentota (Deluxe room)|
|Day 11||No Hotel|
- All rates quoted are in US Dollars & net per person inclusive of all applicable taxes.
- Every two persons sharing a double or twin room at mentioned properties or similar.
- Welcomed at the airport by our representative.
- Check-in & Check-out 12h00.
- Five nights on half-board basis (breakfast & dinner) and five nights on bed & breakfast basis (breakfast only).
- Air-conditioned private vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur will be provided (Private Tour).
- No vehicle will be provided on any free days if any (as per program).
- Fuel & local assurance for vehicle & passengers while travelling included.
- The chauffeur will look after his meals & accommodation by himself.
- Basic Jeep to visit reserve included for a half day – (Entrance fees for the reserve to be paid directly by clients). If for any reason the mentioned reserve is closed we shall make arrangements to visit another reserve.
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 197 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these historical sites. (Entrance fees are subject to change, rates are as applicable at the moment – Children under 12 years will be charged a half rate in some places.)
- Personal spending (tips, laundry, mini bar, telephone, fax, beverages etc.)
- The rights to use video cameras at sites – most places they are free when you pay the entrance fees except at Kandy Tooth Temple & Pinnawela Elephant orphanage there are extra charges for Video camera’s only USD 05 per Video Camera per location.
- Medical expenses, travel insurance, international flights.
- Sri Lanka visa charges, USD 35 per person for NON SAARC countries & USD 20 for SAARC countries, can be obtained directly via the internet please visit this site (http://www.eta.gov.lk/). The process is not complicated if you have any difficulty we could make arrangements for same too in 48hrs to obtain same if details are provided to us by mail. The process is very simple payments can be paid online & with the confirmation document print out & code you have to submit passport on arrival only. The passport has to be valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday should be with you. Children under 12 years travelling with parent’s visas will be free on arrival. All others have to obtain a visit visa except for Singaporean & Maldivian passport holders who will be provided free visas on arrival.
APRIL – MAY – JUNE (2020)
|Number of clients||Comfort (USD)|
|02||$1220 Per Person|
|04||$1065 Per Person|
JULY – OCTOBER (2020)
|Number of clients||Comfort (USD)|
|02||$1265 Per Person|
|04||$1120 Per Person|
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 197 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these sites. Subject to change slightly sometimes details are provided with rates as applicable at the moment. (Children under 12 years will be charged half rate 50%)
- Kandy Perahara Period for ten nights from 25th July to 04th August 2020 (Per room per night, only if clients are spending the night in Kandy during the Perahara Period)
Category Economy Comfort Supplement USD 60 USD 60
- For Reservations during, Super Peak Period – 21 December 2019 to 10 January 2020 period please contact us for further details. As Peak supplements apply at hotels during this period & this will change according to the category of hotels and actual days of stay at each hotel.
- If required we can modify the program to have the last night in a beach hotel south of Colombo or in Negombo then proceed to the airport. Any other modifications to the program can be arranged as per individual preferences.
- CANCELLATION POLICY – You may cancel your booking at any time prior to commencement of the reservations which has to be acknowledged by our company in writing. If the cancellation is made 44 days before the first date of the reservation we will retain your 1st small deposit to cover our costs. If the cancellation is notified less than 44 days prior to the first date of reservation following additional cancellation charges will apply.
- Less than 44 days before arrival 25% of total invoice
- Less than 21 days before arrival 50% of total invoice
- Less than 15 days before arrival 100% of total invoice
- No show or early departure 100% of total invoice