Discover Tour – 8 Days – Sri Lanka
Discover Sri Lanka in 08 Days and 07 nights! The tour dwells into the rich Sri Lankan history, fascinating culture and beautiful scenery. A few highlights of the tour are wild life safari, visiting tea plantations in the hills, Beautiful Sri Lanka Beaches as well as immerse in the ancient 2500 years cultural ruins of Sri Lanka..
Day 1 AIRPORT / NEGOMBO / SIGIRIYA / CULTURAL TRIANGLE
After the completion of your Immigrations, Customs and Security procedures, please proceed to the Meeting Lobby of the arrival Terminal. Welcome Reception, Meeting with Assistance at the Lobby by our Representative, later your tour chauffeur will pick you at the Exit Gate of the arrival terminal to commence the Tour.
You will leave to Cultural Triangle Region, en-route visit Negombo. Negombo has predominantly Catholic & Christian population by faith, after European colonization in 1505. Negombo is called “Little Rome” among the locals and it is apparent due to the large structured churches and large community down almost every street compared to any other city in the Country Traditionally a Fishing Village with catamarans by the beach at the backdrop to the Negombo scenery; which later developed as fishing marketing center. You can visit Fishing Village & fish market
Later arrive in the Cultural Triangle Region, late afternoon visit to Sigiriya located in the north-central part of Sri Lanka which preserves the architectural tradition of the country. The town is famous for its historical rock fortress which is over 1000 years older and has landscaped gardens, water fountains and the sanctuary. Sigiriya has spectacular importance in Sri Lanka. An ancient palace complex, erected during the reign of King Kashyapa, which has been declared by UNESCO a world heritage site.
Overnight stay in the Cultural Triangle Region.
Day 2 ANURADHAPURA / MIHINTALE
After breakfast an excursion to Anuradhapura to visit the ruins of the first Royal capital founded in the 05th century BC. It is known to have the largest number of ancient monuments of a great civilization in this World Heritage city Anuradhapura, in picturesque ruins, was once a major center of Sri Lankan. It is evident that the dominant rice based agriculture with paddy fields also many manmade ancient lakes and the prominent Pagodas with the Temples have developed the Buddhist civilization. There are many stone sculptures and some most popular stone Buddha Statues in this historical kingdom. During reign of The Great King Dutu-Gamunu, the city has developed and elevated highly.
In the afternoon visit Mihintale, the sacred mountain of Mihintale is considered the location where Buddhism was first introduced to the island of Sri Lank or the Cradle of Buddhist Civilization in the Country. The month of June on the Full Moon (Posson) night of the lunar calendar has the main state religious Ceremony in Mihintale and Anuradhapura to celebrate these significances to the Sri Lanka Society.
Later return to your hotel for overnight stay.
Day 3 POLONNARUWA / MEDIRIGIRIYA
Breakfast at hotel, in the morning an excursion to Polonnaruwa. Polonnaruwa Kingdom is the second ancient capital city for three centuries, it is a site which cannot be missed in Sri Lanka with many well preserved ruins of palaces and monasteries. Compared to Anuradhapura you can see more brick structures and monuments in addition to the stone monuments, the kings have developed and improved the Temples, Monuments, Lakes, Pagodas and the education among the priests. The Parakrama Samudra (means the Ocean of Parakrama) very large manmade lake is prominent and during rule of The King Parakrama Bahu the Great this has flourished.
In the late afternoon visit Medirigiriya. The Medirigiriya Vatadage is on a high circular stage. It has three concentric circles of pillars (with the same center) and a decorated stone wall about three and a half feet high. Although this is a Ruin, the site has less natural damages.
Return to the hotel for the overnight stay.
Day 4 DAMBULLA / NALANDA GEDIGE/ MATALE / KANDY
After breakfast leave for Kandy. En-route visit Dambulla. In Sri Lankan history, the Dambulla cave complex dates back to 3rd and 2nd centuries B.C. Even before the making of the complex it was well established as one of the largest monasteries in Sri Lanka. The Dambulla caves have been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The Royal Golden Rock Cave Temple is the formal name of the temple. The area is also known for bird watching,
You will next visit Nalanda Gedige the Abu Simbel of Sri Lanka. Nalanda Gedige is one out of a number of remarkable archaeological sites in Sri Lanka. Buddhist – Hindu hybrid Architecture and the Sculpture is prominent and unique feature of the site on the way to Kandy visit a spice garden and a batik factory in Matale.
In the afternoon arrive at the hotel in Kandy. Kandy was the last Kingdom of ancient Sri Lanka and the Royal Capital with the King Rule was there until 1815 British Invasion. Also known as the centre of traditional arts in Sri Lanka. In the evening you can view a Cultural Dance Show and later visit to the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Buddha at the evening ceremony. The Sacred Tooth Palace Temple with the Golden Roof is the main attraction of the city and also the most sacred Buddhist establishment in Sri Lanka also has similar importance among the Buddhist World, as the Great Vatican City and St. Peters Basilica among the World Catholics. The prominent Bogambara Lake in the centre is surrounded by the city with road and building planed accordingly.
An overnight stay in Kandy.
Day 5 KANDY / PERADENIYA / NUWARA ELIYA
After breakfast visit the royal botanical gardens of Peradeniya which is well known for its large variety of plants the garden is best known for its collection of orchids which is the largest in Asia. This has been the Royal Garden among the kings historically later developed as Botanical Garden during the British Colonial Era. In the modern history the Garden was used at the Headquarters of the Supreme Commander of South East Asia Command during the World War II
Later leave for Nuwara Eliya the center of the hill country, en-route visit a tea plantation and witness the manufacture of the world famous Ceylon tea. Gregory Lake is one of the most attractive locations in Nuwara Eliya. Enjoy the view at Shanthipura (the city view point) and spend the evening walking in the cool climate. Nuwara Eliya was promoted as Summer Holiday Resort (mainly during April) during British Colonial Rule
The overnight stay at Nuwara Eliya.
Day 6 NUWARA ELIYA / ELLA / BUDURUWAGALA / YALA or UDAWALAWE
After breakfast leave to the South of Sri Lanka en route at Ella admire the magnificent view. Ella is only a small village located high in the mountains. Like most places in Sri Lanka, The nice thing about Ella is the climate. It reminds me of a hot English summer. Hot during the day and cool at night. If you fancy climbing the peaks that are dotted around Ella, then make sure you take sun protection and water.
Then visit Buduruwagala, the term Buduruwagala means “The Rock with the statue of Buddha” and this is exactly what it is. The rock itself is formed into the shape of a kneeling elephant. The statues date back to 10 century A.D.
Visit one of these two reserves by Jeep.
In the afternoon you will travel by Jeep for a safari in the Yala National Park and enjoy the wilderness as you cruise around in a jeep. The breath-taking view of the wild elephants are undoubtedly the best known attraction at Yala, seen in small and large herds. The park is also known for herds of spotted deer which are found all over the park. Monkeys like the Pinkish Rhesus and the Grey-faced Langur live and play on the tree-tops and the ground below. The other animals like Wild buffalo & wild boar would startle you with their presence and the sight of a leopard sunning itself or drinking water at a water hole could be a memorable experience.
Or it is also possible to visit Udawalawe National Park which is a major National park in Sri Lanka renowned for its high population of wild Asian elephants. This Udawalawe national park is the closest national park to Colombo. .
Later on arrive at the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 7 WELIGAMA / GALLE / BEACH
After breakfast leave for Galle, en route view the stilt fisherman of Weligama as they fish, then visit the Old Portuguese fort, later rebuilt and extended by the Dutch. It is still well preserved. Galle the capital of the southern province is a city with a colourful history. UNESCO declared World Heritage Site the magnificent Portuguese – Dutch fort is the most popular site of the town. The 300 year old Dutch atmosphere is still very much alive around the fort and amidst its many historical buildings. The Dutch Reformed Church. The significant of the building is, there are no pillars inside the building and the weight of the roof is supported by the walls. The earliest European administrative centre of Sri Lanka was the major port and the largest city until the British shifted the port to Colombo. The City of Galle had been the European administrative centre over 4 centuries.
A well-known fact of the Galle Fort is it being a World Heritage site and the largest remaining fortress built in Asia by European colonists. Installation at your beach hotel free time relax at the beach & overnight.
Day 8 BEACH / COLOMBO / AIRPORT
After breakfast transfer to the airport to connect to your flight for departure. Rooms till 12h00 in the afternoon. If time permits visit the city of Colombo en route which links the past with the present. You will visit the Fort area, the commercial centre, Pettah Colombo’s bustling bazaar area, a cinnamon garden which is a large residential complex.
|Day 1||Wewa Addara Hotel / Ruins Chaya Hotel||Girithale Hotel / Kassapa Lion Rock|
|Day 2||Wewa Addara Hotel / Ruins Chaya Hotel||Girithale Hotel / Kassapa Lion Rock|
|Day 3||Wewa Addara Hotel / Ruins Chaya Hotel||Girithale Hotel / Kassapa Lion Rock|
|Day 4||Aur Blanc / Oak Ray City Hotel||Thilanka Hotel / Suisse Hotel|
|Day 5||Lu Chalet Hotel / Blue Meadow Hotel||Galway Heights Hotel|
|Day 6||Tamarind Tree Hotel / Gaga Bees Hotel||Kithala Resort / Grand Udawalawe Hotel|
|Day 7||Joes Resort Unawatuna||Pandanus Resort / Coral Sands Hotel|
- All rates quoted are in US Dollars & nett per person inclusive of all applicable taxes.
- Every two persons sharing a double or twin room at mentioned properties or similar.
- Welcomed at the airport by our representative.
- Check-in 14h00 & Check-out 12h00.
- Three nights on bed & breakfast basis (breakfast only) and four nights on half-board basis (breakfast & dinner).
- Air-conditioned private vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur will be provided (Private Tour).
- No vehicle will be provided on any free days if any (as per program).
- Fuel & local assurance for vehicle & passengers while travelling included.
- The chauffeur will look after his meals & accommodation by himself.
- Basic private Jeep to visit reserve included for a half day – (Entrance fees for the reserve to be paid directly by clients). If for any reason the mentioned reserve is closed we shall make arrangements to visit another reserve.
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 180 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24 hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these historical sites. (Entrance fees are subject to change, rates are as applicable at the moment – Children under 12 years will be charged a half rate in some places.)
- Personal spending (tips, laundry, mini bar, telephone, fax, beverages etc.)
- The rights to use video cameras at sites – most places they are free when you pay the entrance fees except at Kandy Tooth Temple & Pinnawela Elephant orphanage there are extra charges for Video camera’s only USD 05 per Video Camera .
- Medical expenses, travel insurance, international flights.
- Sri Lanka visa charges, USD 35 per person & USD 20 for SAARC countries passport holders, can be obtained directly via the internet please visit this site (http://www.eta.gov.lk/). The process is very simple payments can be paid online & with the confirmation document print out & code you have to submit the passport on arrival. The passport has to be valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday should be with you. Visas for children under 12 years travelling with parent’s will be free on arrival. All others have to obtain a visit visa except for Singaporean, Maldivian & Seychelles passport holders who will be provided free visas on arrival.
01st APRIL 2020 – 31st OCTOBER 2020
|Number of clients||Economy (USD)||Comfort (USD)|
|02||$645 Per Person||$770 Per Person|
|04||$495 Per Person||$620 Per Person|
01st NOVEMBER 2020 – 20th DECEMBER 2020
Number of clients Economy (USD) Comfort (USD)
02 $ 660 Per Person $ 750 Per Person
04 $ 520 Per Person $ 605 Per Person
06 $ 450 Per Person $ 540 Per Person
- Minimum clients per booking compulsory is two.
if occupying an extra single room in Economy Category : $ 365
if occupying an extra single room in Comfort Category : $ 310
11th JANUARY 2021 – 30th APRIL 2021
Number of clients Economy (USD) Comfort (USD)
02 $ 680 Per Person $ 805 Per Person
04 $ 540 Per Person $ 660 Per Person
06 $ 470 Per Person $ 595 Per Person
if occupying an extra single room in Economy Category : $ 210
if occupying an extra single room in Comfort Category : $ 370
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 170 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24 hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these sites. Subject to change slightly sometimes details are provided with rates as applicable at the moment. (Children under 12 years will be charged half rate 50%)Kandy Perahara Period for ten nights from 25th July to 03rd of August 2020 – (Per room per night – only if clients are spending the night in Kandy during the Kandy Perahara Period) Economy Category – USD 35 per night per room extra & Comfort Category – USD 60 per night per room extra.
- To view the Kandy Perahara procession in the night seats can be purchased directly or stand by the road side like the Sri Lankan’s & enjoy the view of the procession.
- For Reservations during, Super Peak Period – 21st December 2020 to 10th January 2021 period please contact us for further details. As Peak supplements apply at hotels during this period & this will change according to the category of hotels and actual days of stay at each hotel.
- If required we can modify the program to have the last night in a beach hotel south of Colombo or in Negombo then proceed to the airport. Any other modifications to the program can be arranged as per individual preferences.
- CANCELLATION POLICY – You may cancel your booking at any time prior to commencement of the reservations which has to be acknowledged by our company in writing. If the cancellation is made 44 days before the first date of the reservation we will retain your 1st small deposit to cover our costs. If the cancellation is notified less than 44 days prior to the first date of reservation following additional cancellation charges will apply.
- Less than 28 days before arrival 25% of total invoice
- Less than 15 days before arrival 50% of total invoice
- Less than 07 days before arrival 100% of total invoice
- No show or early departure 100% of total invoice