Discover Tour – 8 Days – Sri Lanka
Discover Sri Lanka in 08 Days and 07 nights! The tour dwells into the rich Sri Lankan history, fascinating culture and beautiful scenery. A few highlights of the tour are wild life safari, visiting tea plantations in the hills, Beautiful Sri Lanka Beaches as well as immerse in the ancient 2500 years cultural ruins of Sri Lanka..
Day 1 AIRPORT / NEGOMBO / CULTURAL TRIANGLE
Arrival, welcomed & assisted at the airport then leave to Sigiriya. En-route visit Negombo. The population in Negombo is largely Roman Catholic by faith, with large structured churches down almost every street. The sea & the catamarans are the backdrop to the Negombo scenery.
At P.M. pay a visit to Sigiriya located in the north-central part of Sri Lanka which preserves the architectural tradition of the country. The town is famous for its rock fortress, gardens and sanctuary. Sigiriya has spectacular importance in Sri Lanka. An ancient palace complex, erected during the reign of King Kashyapa, which has been declared by UNESCO a world heritage site. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 2 POLONNARUWA / MEDIRIGIRIYA
After breakfast get ready for an excursion to Polonnaruwa, the second ancient capital city for three centuries, it is a site which cannot be missed in Sri Lanka with many well preserved ruins of palaces and monasteries . In the late afternoon visit Medirigiriya. The Medirigiriya Vatadage is on a high circular stage. It has three concentric circles of pillars (with the same center) and a decorated stone wall about three and a half feet high. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay with dinner.
Day 3 ANURADHAPURA / MIHINTALE
After breakfast excursion to Anuradhapura & visit the ruins of the first capital founded in the 05th century BC. It is known to have the largest number of ancient monuments of a great civilization. World Heritage city Anuradhapura, in picturesque ruins, was once a major center of SriLankan civilization. In the afternoon visit Mihintale & Later on return back to your hotel for overnight stay.
Day 4 DAMBULLA / NALANDA GEDIGE/ MATALE / KANDY
After breakfast leave for Kandy En-route visit Dambulla. In Sri Lankan history, the Dambulla cave complex dates back to 3rd and 2nd centuries B.C. Even before the making of the complex it was well established as one of the largest monasteries in Sri Lanka. The Dambulla caves have been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The area is also known for bird watching, next visit Nalanda Gedige the Abu Simbel of Sri Lanka.
Nalanda Gedige is one out of a number of remarkable archaeological sites in Sri Lanka, on the way to Kandy visit a spice garden and a batik factory in Matale. In the evening arrive at the hotel in Kandy. Also known as the center of traditional arts in Sri Lanka visit the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Buddha. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay
Day 5 KANDY / PERADENIYA / NUWARA ELIYA
After breakfast visit the royal botanical gardens of Peradeniya which is well known for its large variety of plants the garden is best known for its collection of orchids which is the largest in Asia. At P.M. leave for Nuwara Eliya the center of the hill country, en-route visit a tea plantation and witness the manufacture of the world famous Ceylon tea.
Gregory Lake is one of the most attractive locations in Nuwara Eliya. Enjoy the view at Shanthipura (the city view point) and spend the evening walking in the cool climate and later on arrive at the hotel for the overnight stay.
Day 6 NUWARA ELIYA / ELLA / BUDURUWAGALA / YALA
After breakfast leave for the Tissamaharama region stop at Ella to admire the magnificent view. Then visit Buduruwagala, the term Buduruwagala means the ”rock with the statue of Buddha” and this is exactly what it is. The rock is formed into the shape of a kneeling elephant. The statues date back to 10 century A.D.
At P.M. get ready for a safari in the Yala National Park and enjoy the wilderness as you cruise around in a jeep. The breathtaking view of the wild elephants are undoubtedly the best known attraction at Yala, seen in small and large herds. The park is also known for herds of spotted deer which are found all over the park. Monkeys like the Pinkish Rhesus and the Grey-faced Langur live and play on the tree-tops and the ground below. The other animals like Wild buffalo & wild boar would startle you with their presence and the sight of a leopard sunning itself or drinking water at a water hole could be a memorable experience. Later on arrive at the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 7 WELIGAMA / GALLE / BEACH
After breakfast leave for Galle, en route view the stilt fisherman of Weligama as they fish, then visit the Old Portuguese fort, later rebuilt and extended by the Dutch. It is still well preserved. Most of the administration in Galle still takes place from the Fort . The view from the ramparts is superb.
A well-known fact of the Galle Fort is it being a World Heritage site and the largest remaining fortress built in Asia by European colonists. Installation at your beach hotel free time relax at the beach & overnight.
Day 8 BEACH / COLOMBO / AIRPORT
After breakfast transfer to the airport to connect to your flight for departure. Rooms till 12h00 in the afternoon. If time permits visit the city of Colombo en route which links the past with the present. You will visit the Fort area, the commercial center, Pettah Colombo’s bustling bazaar area, a cinnamon garden which is a large residential complex.
|Day 1||Ruins Chaya Hotel / King Fisher Hotel||Girithale Hotel|
|Day 2||Ruins Chaya Hotel / King Fisher Hotel||Girithale Hotel|
|Day 3||Ruins Chaya Hotel / King Fisher Hotel||Girithale Hotel|
|Day 4||Clove Garden||Thilanka Hotel|
|Day 5||The Rock Hotel / Blue Meadow Hotel||Galway Heights Hotel|
|Day 6||The Grand Lake / Royal Grandeur Hotel||Chandrika Hotel (Deluxe room)|
|Day 7||Joes Resort||Pandanus Resort|
- All rates quoted are in US Dollars & nett per person inclusive of all applicable taxes.
- Every two persons sharing a double or twin room at mentioned properties or similar.
- Welcomed at the airport by our representative.
- Check-in 14h00 & Check-out 12h00.
- Three nights on half-board basis (breakfast & dinner) and four nights on bed & breakfast basis (breakfast only).
- Air-conditioned private vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur will be provided (Private Tour).
- No vehicle will be provided on any free days if any (as per program).
- Fuel & local assurance for vehicle & passengers while travelling included.
- The chauffeur will look after his meals & accommodation by himself.
- Basic private Jeep to visit reserve included for a half day – (Entrance fees for the reserve to be paid directly by clients). If for any reason the mentioned reserve is closed we shall make arrangements to visit another reserve.
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 180 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24 hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these historical sites. (Entrance fees are subject to change, rates are as applicable at the moment – Children under 12 years will be charged a half rate in some places.)
- Personal spending (tips, laundry, mini bar, telephone, fax, beverages etc.)
- The rights to use video cameras at sites – most places they are free when you pay the entrance fees except at Kandy Tooth Temple & Pinnawela Elephant orphanage there are extra charges for Video camera’s only USD 05 per Video Camera .
- Medical expenses, travel insurance, international flights.
- Sri Lanka visa charges, USD 35 per person & USD 20 for SAARC countries passport holders, can be obtained directly via the internet please visit this site (http://www.eta.gov.lk/). The process is very simple payments can be paid online & with the confirmation document print out & code you have to submit the passport on arrival. The passport has to be valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday should be with you. Visas for children under 12 years travelling with parent’s will be free on arrival. All others have to obtain a visit visa except for Singaporean, Maldivian & Seychelles passport holders who will be provided free visas on arrival.
APRIL – OCTOBER 2020
|Number of clients||Economy (USD)||Comfort (USD)|
|02||$645 Per Person||$770 Per Person|
|04||$495 Per Person||$620 Per Person|
- Kandy Perahara Period for ten nights from 25th July to 04th August 2020 – (Per room per night – only if clients are spending the night in Kandy during the Kandy Perahara Period) Economy Category – USD 35 per night per room extra & Comfort Category – USD 60 per night per room extra.
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 180 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24 hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these sites. Subject to change slightly sometimes details are provided with rates as applicable at the moment. (Children under 12 years will be charged half rate 50%)
- To view the Kandy Perahara procession in the night seats can be purchased directly or stand by the road side like the Sri Lankan’s & enjoy the view of the procession.
- For Reservations during, Super Peak Period – 15th December 2019 to 15th January 2020 period please contact us for further details. As Peak supplements apply at hotels during this period & this will change according to the category of hotels and actual days of stay at each hotel.
- If required we can modify the program to have the last night in a beach hotel south of Colombo or in Negombo then proceed to the airport. Any other modifications to the program can be arranged as per individual preferences.
- CANCELLATION POLICY – You may cancel your booking at any time prior to commencement of the reservations which has to be acknowledged by our company in writing. If the cancellation is made 44 days before the first date of the reservation we will retain your 1st small deposit to cover our costs. If the cancellation is notified less than 44 days prior to the first date of reservation following additional cancellation charges will apply.
- Less than 44 days before arrival 25% of total invoice
- Less than 21 days before arrival 50% of total invoice
- Less than 15 days before arrival 100% of total invoice
- No show or early departure 100% of total invoice