Do It Yourself Tour – Sri Lanka
Hire a vehicle with an English speaking chaffeur & travel through the country side or any other places you are interested in Sri Lanka at your own pace & time. Decide for yourself, how many days you would like to stay in a selected location. It’s simple you decide when and where you would like to be, plan out your tour on a daily basis. For pricing please click the prices tab for other details click the services included or contact us directly!
Day 1 START OF THE TOUR
Pick up from Airport, Colombo or Negombo.
For pricing please refer the relevant tab.
|Day 1||For Tour prices please refer services included TAB||–||–|
- Air-conditioned vehicles with English speaking chauffeurs.
- Fuel for the vehicle & Local assurance.
- Meals & accommodation of the chauffeur will be taken cared by himself.
- The mileage will be calculated from the airport or Colombo first day to last day in Colombo or the airport. You have the choice of getting yourself dropped at any selected location if necessary on the last day & the chauffeur will continue to Colombo. The mileage will be calculated accordingly considering the last point as Colombo. For example if you end the tour in Galle extra 120Km will have to be added.
- The meter will be shown to the client’s daily morning and evening & the meter reading will have to be initialed by the clients in the document daily. This will avoid any confusion regarding the kilometers done during your trip.
- If there are any extra kilometers they will be charged at the rate of SLRS 35 per Kilometers for Cars. SLRS 45 per kilometers for Micro vans. Payments for extra kilometers to be made directly to the Chauffeur.
- (For example it will cost extra for 100 Km for cars – SLRS 3500 & 100 Km for vans – SLRS 4500). 01 USD is around SLRS 170 at the moment (Subject to change)
- To visit reserves jeeps will have to be hired & charges to be paid directly. (Including to Horton plains entrance from town both ways as this road is not in a very good state for normal vehicles).
- The driving hours will be between 07h30 to 19h00. You can discuss with the chauffeur & adjust the timings accordingly if the vehicle is needed after 19h00.Considering some rest will have to be provided for the chauffeur if the next day’s trip is in the morning.
- Arrival & departure days’ vehicles can be utilized according to the flight hours at any time of the day.
- In the event of a break down which is very rare the chauffeur will make arrangements for your tour to be continued without any loss of time & a replacement vehicle will be provided if needed as fast as possible maximum within 24 hours.
- We can arrange for your pick up at the airport if the flight details are provided to us in advance Please look for the “ACME Travels” name board with your name, which will be clearly marked in a paging board by our representative who will be at the arrival lobby .If not you could start your Tour from any selected location.
- To visit reserves jeeps will have to be hired & charges will have to be paid directly. (Including Horton plains entrance from town both ways as this road is not in a very good state for normal vehicles).
- All entrance fees are to be paid directly and in Sri Lanka Rupees. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these sites. Subject to change slightly sometimes details are provided with rates as applicable at the moment. (Children under 12 years will be charged half rate 50%)
- Kandy Perahara Period for ten nights from 18th July to 27th July 2018 or 17th Aug to 26th Aug 2018 – Probable dates Subject to confirmation around March 2018 only (Per room per night During Kandy Hotel Nights, only if clients are spending the night in Kandy during the Kandy Perahara Period)
Category Economy Comfort Supplement USD 40 USD 50
- For Reservations during, Super Peak Period – 21 December 2018 to 10 January 2019 period please contact us for further details. As Peak supplements apply at hotels during this period & this will change according to the category of hotels and actual days of stay at each hotel.
- If required we can modify the program to have the last night in a beach hotel south of Colombo or in Negombo then proceed to the airport. Any other modifications to the program can be arranged as per individual preferences.
Sri Lanka Visa charges USD 35 per person for NON SAARC countries & USD 20 for SAARC countries, can be obtained directly via the internet please visit this site. http://www.eta.gov.lk/ The process is not complicated if you have any difficulty we could make arrangements for same too in 48hrs to obtain same if details are provided to us by mail. The process is very simple payments can be paid online & with the confirmation document print out & code you have to submit passport on arrival only. The passport has to be valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday should be with you. All have to obtain a visit visa except for Singapore & Maldivian passport holders.
All rates are in US Dollars & net inclusive of all taxes.
Valid only on these months only – April/May/June/September/October/November 2019
|Hire of Car||Hire of Micro Van|
|05 Days with a limit of 500 kilometers||USD 260||USD 340|
|06 Days with a limit of 600 kilometers||USD 315||USD 405|
|07 Days with a limit of 700 kilometers||USD 365||USD 470|
|08 Days with a limit of 800 kilometers||USD 420||USD 540|
|09 Days with a limit of 900 kilometers||USD 470||USD 605|
|10 Days with a limit of 1000 kilometers||USD 520||USD 670|
|11 Days with a limit of 1100 kilometers||USD 570||USD 735|
|12 Days with a limit of 1200 kilometers||USD 620||USD 800|
|13 Days with a limit of 1300 kilometers||USD 670||USD 865|
|14 Days with a limit of 1400 kilometers||USD 720||USD 930|
- Meals & accommodation of the chauffeur he will take care same by himself there will be no extra charges the clients will have to bear.
- Air-conditioned vehicles with English speaking chauffeurs
- The hire of an air conditioned car with a chauffeur for a maximum of three clients (please note luggage should not be large & should fit in to the space available in the car specially if there are three clients.)
- The hire of a larger vehicle a micro van with air-condition for a maximum of six clients.
- The payments will have to be made in two steps
- 1st payment: Please send us an advance payment of your package price USD 100 by credit card online via our secured server by credit card (visa or master only) (No third party credit card payments will be accepted). To pay online with our secured server please provide us the following details & we shall send you the password. Full address and a contact number (telephone), full name (as mentioned in your passport), passport number and nationality. We shall process the information & provide you with a username and password by separate email to access our online payment gateway. This security feature is introduced for your own safety with a password.
- 2nd payment: The balance payment can be settled after your arrival in Sri Lanka only in Cash USD or Euro equivalent (only notes). Payment in Sri Lankan rupees is not acceptable. If you are arriving at the Sri Lankan airport our representative will be at the arrival hall with the name board “Acme Travels & your name.” They will provide you with an official receipt. If this method is not possible we shall make alternate arrangements to collect the balance payment & provide the official receipt on the 1st day.
- CANCELLATION POLICY – You may cancel your booking at any time prior to commencement of the reservations which has to be acknowledged by our company in writing. If the cancellation is made 44 days before the first date of the reservation we will retain your 1st small deposit to cover our costs. If the cancellation is notified less than 44 days prior to the first date of reservation following additional cancellation charges will apply.
- Less than 44 days before arrival 25% of total invoice
- Less than 21 days before arrival 50% of total invoice
- Less than 15 days before arrival 100% of total invoice
- No show or early departure 100% of total invoice