Day 1 AIRPORT / NEGOMBO / SIGIRIYA
At arrival, welcomed & assisted at the airport then leave to Sigiriya. En-route visit Negombo. The population in Negombo is largely Roman Catholic by faith, with large structured churches down almost every street. The sea and the catamarans are the backdrop to the Negombo scenery.
At P.M. pay a visit to Sigiriya located in the North-Central part of Sri Lanka which preserves the architectural tradition of the country. The town is famous for its rock fortress, gardens and sanctuary. Sigiriya has spectacular importance in Sri Lanka. An ancient palace complex, erected during the reign of King Kashyapa, which has been declared by UNESCO as a world heritage site. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 2 POLONNARUWA / MEDIRIGIRIYA
After breakfast get ready for an excursion in Polonnaruwa, the second ancient capital city for three centuries. It is one of the most interesting places in Sri Lanka with many well preserved ruins of palaces and monasteries.
Depart to Minneriya National Park which is a hot spot for safari lovers because of the abandons of Elephants The 8890 hectares of MINNERIYA NATIONAL PARK is an ideal eco tourism location in Sri Lanka. The park consists of mixed evergreen forest and scrub areas and is home to Sri Lanka’s favourites such as sambar deer, leopards and elephants. However the central feature of the park is the ancient Minneriya Tank (built in 3rd century AD by King Mahasena). During the dry season (June to September), this tank is an incredible place to observe the elephants who come to bathe and graze on the grasses as well as the huge flocks of birds (cormorants and painted storks to name but a few) that come to fish in the shallow waters. Early morning and late evening are the optimum observation times of the day for resident and migratory birds. Flock of about 2000 little cormorant (Phalacrocorax niger) diving in the waters of Minneriya reservoir is not a rare scene. In addition painted strokes (Mycteria leucocephala), Great white pelicans (Pelicanus anocrotalus), Ruddy turnstones (Arenaria interpres) and Grey herons (Ardea cinerea) too can be seen.
Return to the hotel.
Day 3 DAMBULLA / NALANDA GEDIGE / MATALE / KANDY
After breakfast leave for Kandy, en-route visit Dambulla. In Sri Lankan history the Dambulla cave complex dates back to 3rd and 2nd centuries B.C. The cave structure was popular even before the construction of the complex began, as one of the largest monasteries of Sri Lanka. The Dambulla cave temples have been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is also known for bird watching.
You can visit Nalanda Gedige the Abu Simbel of Sri Lanka. Nalanda Gedige is one of a number of remarkable archaeological sites in Sri Lanka and then visit a spice garden & a batik factory in Matale. On the way to Kandy the center of the traditional arts in Sri Lanka visit the city of Kandy. The most famous landmark of Kandy is its lake, in the center of the city. You can visit the Kandy museum. Late in the evening view the Kandyan cultural performance & visit the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Buddha. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 4 KANDY / PERADENIYA / PINNAWALA / NUWARA ELIYA
After breakfast visit the royal botanical gardens of Peradeniya which is well known for its large variety of plants. The garden is best known for its collection of orchids which are the largest in Asia. After the visit to the garden you can visit the Pinnawela elephant orphanage.
The orphanage was established to feed, nurse & house young elephants abandoned by their mothers. During the drought period, the young ones often fall into pits and ravines in their quest for water. At P.M. leave for Nuwara Eliya the center of the hill country. En-route visit a tea plantation and witness the manufacture of the world famous Ceylon tea. Gregory Lake is one of the most attractive/scenic locations in Nuwara Eliya and Shanthipura (the city view point). Spend the evening walking in the cool climate. Arrive at the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 5 NUWARA ELIYA / KITULGALA / COLOMBO
After breakfast leave for Colombo through misty mountain routes. You can view waterfalls as well as landscapes with tea plantations and other vegetation via Kitulgala. Kitulgala was the filming location of World War II movie ”The Bridge on the River Kwai” based on the novel by French writer Pierre Boulle.
Day 6 COLOMBO / AIRPORT
After breakfast get ready for a transfer to the airport in order for departure. The rooms are availaible untill 12h00 in the afternoon.
|Day 1||Wewa Addara Hotel||Cassandra Culture Resort|
|Day 2||Wewa Addara Hotel||Cassandra Culture Resort|
|Day 3||Aur Blanc||Suisse Hotel (Deluxe)|
|Day 4||The Rock Hotel||Mirage King’s Cottage|
|Day 5||The Ocean Hotel||Ramada Colombo|
|Day 6||No Hotel||No Hotel|
- All rates quoted are in US Dollars & net per person inclusive of all applicable taxes.
- Every two persons sharing a double or twin room at mentioned properties or similar.
- Welcomed at the airport by our representative.
- Check-in & Check-out 12h00.
- Five nights on bed & breakfast basis (breakfast only).
- Air-conditioned private vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur will be provided (Private Tour).
- No vehicle will be provided on any free days if any (as per program).
- Fuel & local assurance for vehicle & passengers while travelling included.
- The chauffeur will look after his meals & accommodation by himself.
- Basic Jeep to visit reserve included for a half day – (Entrance fees for the reserve to be paid directly by clients). If for any reason the mentioned reserve is closed we shall make arrangements to visit another reserve.
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 126 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these historical sites. (Entrance fees are subject to change, rates are as applicable at the moment – Children under 12 years will be charged a half rate in some places.)
- Personal spending (tips, laundry, mini bar, telephone, fax, beverages etc.)
- The rights to use video cameras at sites – most places they are free when you pay the entrance fees except at Kandy Tooth Temple & Pinnawela Elephant orphanage there are extra charges for Video camera’s only USD 05 per Video Camera per location.
- Medical expenses, travel insurance, international flights.
- Sri Lanka visa charges, USD 35 per person for NON SAARC countries & USD 20 for SAARC countries, can be obtained directly via the internet please visit this site (http://www.eta.gov.lk/). The process is not complicated if you have any difficulty we could make arrangements for same too in 48hrs to obtain same if details are provided to us by mail. The process is very simple payments can be paid online & with the confirmation document print out & code you have to submit passport on arrival only. The passport has to be valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday should be with you. Children under 12 years travelling with parent’s visas will be free on arrival. All others have to obtain a visit visa except for Singaporean & Maldivian passport holders who will be provided free visas on arrival.
APRIL – OCTOBER
|Number of clients||Economy (USD)||Comfort (USD)|
|2||$510 Per Person||$590 Per Person|
|4||$405 Per Person||$480 Per Person|
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 126 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these sites. Subject to change slightly sometimes details are provided with rates as applicable at the moment. (Children under 12 years will be charged half rate 50%)
- Kandy Perahara Period for ten nights from 5th August to 15th August 2019 (Per room per night, only if clients are spending the night in Kandy during the Perahara Period)
Category Economy Comfort Superior Supplement USD 60 USD 60 USD 60
- For Reservations during, Super Peak Period – 15th December 2019 to 15th January 2020 period please contact us for further details. As Peak supplements apply at hotels during this period & this will change according to the category of hotels and actual days of stay at each hotel.
- If required we can modify the program to have the last night in a beach hotel south of Colombo or in Negombo then proceed to the airport. Any other modifications to the program can be arranged as per individual preferences.
- CANCELLATION POLICY – You may cancel your booking at any time prior to commencement of the reservations which has to be acknowledged by our company in writing. If the cancellation is made 44 days before the first date of the reservation we will retain your 1st small deposit to cover our costs. If the cancellation is notified less than 44 days prior to the first date of reservation following additional cancellation charges will apply.
- Less than 44 days before arrival 25% of total invoice
- Less than 21 days before arrival 50% of total invoice
- Less than 15 days before arrival 100% of total invoice
- No show or early departure 100% of total invoice