Family Tour – 9 Days – Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is one of the best countries in the world to spend your holiday with your family as travel is hassle free. Spoil your family with a variety of places to visit & activities to take part in. The whole family can enjoy an unforgettable tropical vacation consisting of culture, heritage, beaches, safari’s and beautiful mountain landscapes!
Day 1 AIRPORT / NEGOMBO
Sri Lanka is the perfect country to travel with children. The distance between one location and another is not time consuming and hectic. The kids would have many activities to take part in! We know (from experience) that if the children are not enjoying their holiday then neither are their parents.
Feed a baby elephant with a bottle of milk, snorkel on our reefs or simply enjoy our warm beaches these are a few of the activities we are certain your kids would enjoy! There are whales which pass by our paradise island and our national parks are teeming with wildlife!
Arrival & transfer to a beach hotel nearby. Dinner & an overnight stay in your hotel in the Negombo area.
Day 2 NEGOMBO / MUTHURAJAWELLA
After breakfast enjoy an excursion to Negombo & Muthurajawella. You will enjoy a boat trip in the morning to the Negombo fishing village, which is the center of the islands fishing community. It is largely Roman Catholic by faith, with large structured churches down almost every street. The sea & the catamarans are the backdrop to the Negombo scenery. Muthurajawella boat trip (boat hire with maximum 6 clients) and entrance ticket for the nature reserve.
The name Muthurajawella can be translated in to English simply as ”the swamp of Royal Treasure.” Treasures of kings in the olden days are believed to be buried in this area. Muthurajawela marsh is situated towards the Southern part of Negombo. The boundaries are the lagoons coastal eco system and the Kelaniya River. Muthurajawella bares staggering species of flora and fauna, species of birds, water birds such as herons, egrets are in abundance in the lagoon and the marsh as well as different species of fish. Muthurajawella marsh has been declared as a sanctuary by the government due its vast bio-diversity. In the evening relax freely and enjoy a savoury dinner.
Stay overnight at the beach hotel.
Day 3 MINNERIYA / SIGIRIYA
After breakfast travel to the Sigiriya region en route to Habarana enjoy an elephant back jungle safari. Spend sometime with the elephant and enjoy and enjoy your ride in the Habarana jungle where you will have many opportunities to take photographs of birds, animals and reptiles.
Elephant safari is a tour that will take you along the forest trail, across the river, through the village and back to your lodging all on an elephants back. Installation at the hotel. In the early afternoon enjoy the Minneriya wild park safari. The National Park area, which is mainly the catchments area, was initially declared as a sanctuary in 1938. The vegetation of this area consists of mainly dry mixed evergreen forest and much of Sri Lankan wildlife, including elephants. Enjoy a delicious dinner & stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 4 SIGIRIYA / POLONNARUWA
After breakfast visit the Sigiriya Rock Fortress and then climb the rock of Sigiriya. The history of Sigiriya dates back to over 5000 thousand years, to the Mesolithic period. One of Sri Lanka’s major attractions and a world heritage site, Sigiriya (Lion Rock) came into prominence in the 5th century A.D., the rock and the colossal plan of the royal palace, water gardens and fortifications, is entirely fascinating.
Next, site seeing of Polonnaruwa. You can visit the city by hiring bicycles or vehicles. It is an enjoyable trip for young children! Visit Polonnaruwa the 2nd capital of the Sinhalese kings dating back to the 11th & 12th century A.D. The entire landscape of the region is punctuated by huge man-made reservoirs, the most famous of which is the Parakrama Samudra. Numerous monuments are found in this city. Enjoy dinner & stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 5 SIGIRIYA / DAMBULLA / MATALE / KANDY
After breakfast visit the Dambulla Cave Temple, the family must purchase entrance tickets directly (chauffeur will assist). The cave temple of Dambulla is a vast isolated rock mass of 500 ft and a UNESCO world heritage site. The view from the top of the cave temple is breathtaking. After breakfast visit Sigiriya Rock (again purchase entrance ticket directly) then climb the rock of Sigiriya. The history of Sigiriya dates back to over 5000 thousand years, to the Mesolithic period. The rock is a breathtaking 350 ft above ground with a series of five caves. The frescoes on the walls and ceiling of the rock date to the 15th – 18th centuries.
Pay a visit to the Matale spice garden. Free visit included in the program you will be introduced to a variety of plants; various parts of those that are used as spices. The tour is an informative one for those interested in cooking and those curious about the assorted use of spices and its herbal value. Children keen in plants and botany will be interested in this educational visit and they could observe many different types of Sri Lankan spices. A batik factory stopover, this visit will give an overview of the practical procedure of the batik handicraft from plain clothes to completed fabric containing immaculate and intricate designs.
Pay a visit with your family to the Sacred Tooth Relic Temple & Cultural Dance Show (purchase entrance ticket directly.) The Sacred Tooth Relic Temple is the most revered temple in Sri Lanka by the Buddhists. Enjoy the famous Kandyan cultural program. The famous show starts in the evening and runs for more than 1 hr. The skilled musicians of Kandy, their drums and dance is extremely entertaining and rich with Sri Lankan tradition. After the show there are several kinds of dances and a fire walking show too. Enjoy dinner & stay overnight in the hotel.
Day 6 KANDY / POUSELLAWA / PERADENIYA
After breakfast make a free visit to a tea plantation and a tea factory in Sri Lanka. The island is one of the worlds largest exporters of tea. At the tea factory you can witness the manufacture of the world famous Ceylon tea then proceed to the Peradeniya Royal Botanical Garden (entrance ticket necessary.) The Royal botanical garden of Peradeniya, which is well, known for its large variety of plants which have ornamental, decorative, useful & medicinal properties.
More than 4000 species include indigenous and introduced plants. The garden is best known for its collection of orchids which is the largest in Asia. Enjoy a free site seeing tour of the Kandy city and pay a visit to the museum. The most prominent landmark of Kandy is its lake which is in the center of the city. Enjoy dinner & the overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7 KANDY / PINNAWELA / MOUNT LAVINIA
After breakfast pay a visit to the Pinnawela elephant orphanage (entrance ticket necessary.) The orphanage was established to feed,nurse & house young elephants abandoned by their mothers.
During the drought period the young ones often fall into pits and ravines in their quest for water. You could feed baby elephants milk by bottles here. Proceed to the beach hotel and relax. Stay overnight at the beach hotel.
Day 8 BEACH FREE DAY
Relax leisurely at the beach hotel with breakfast & stay overnight (optional). Colombo city tour can be arranged free of charge for half a day. Please advise us early to make arrangements.
Day 9 BEACH / AIRPORT
After breakfast transfer to the airport and the room is available until 12h00. If time permits you and your family can visit Colombo and do some last minute shopping and then transfer to the airport.
|Day 1||Suriya Luxury Resort|
|Day 2||Suriya Luxury Resort|
|Day 3||Thilanka Resort & Spa|
|Day 4||Thilanka Resort & Spa|
|Day 5||Thilanka Hotel|
|Day 6||Thilanka Hotel|
|Day 7||Mount Lavinia Hotel (Ocean View Room)|
|Day 8||Mount Lavinia Hotel (Ocean View Room)|
|Day 9||No hotel|
- All rates quoted are in US Dollars & net per person inclusive of all applicable taxes.
- Every two persons sharing a double or twin room at mentioned properties or similar.
- Welcomed at the airport by our representative.
- Check-in & Check-out 12h00.
- Eight nights on half-board basis (breakfast & dinner).
- Air-conditioned private vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur will be provided (Private Tour).
- No vehicle will be provided on any free days if any (as per program).
- Fuel & local assurance for vehicle & passengers while travelling included.
- The chauffeur will look after his meals & accommodation by himself.
- Basic Jeep to visit reserve included for a half day – (Entrance fees for the reserve to be paid directly by clients). If for any reason the mentioned reserve is closed we shall make arrangements to visit another reserve.
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 191 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these historical sites. (Entrance fees are subject to change, rates are as applicable at the moment – Children under 12 years will be charged a half rate in some places.)
- Personal spending (tips, laundry, mini bar, telephone, fax, beverages etc.)
- The rights to use video cameras at sites – most places they are free when you pay the entrance fees except at Kandy Tooth Temple & Pinnawela Elephant orphanage there are extra charges for Video camera’s only USD 05 per Video Camera per location.
- Medical expenses, travel insurance, international flights.
- Sri Lanka visa charges, USD 35 per person for NON SAARC countries & USD 20 for SAARC countries, can be obtained directly via the internet please visit this site (http://www.eta.gov.lk/). The process is not complicated if you have any difficulty we could make arrangements for same too in 48hrs to obtain same if details are provided to us by mail. The process is very simple payments can be paid online & with the confirmation document print out & code you have to submit passport on arrival only. The passport has to be valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday should be with you. Children under 12 years travelling with parent’s visas will be free on arrival. All others have to obtain a visit visa except for Singaporean & Maldivian passport holders who will be provided free visas on arrival.
SUMMER 2018 (1st May – 31st October 2018)
|Number of clients||Comfort (USD)|
|6||$4860 Total price|
|5||$4180 Total price|
|4||$3500 Total price|
|3||$2660 Total price|
WINTER 2018 (1st November 2018 – 30th April 2019) [Excluding Period 20th December ’18 – 10th January ’19 & February 2019]
|Number of clients||Comfort (USD)|
|6||$5270 Total price|
|5||$4520 Total price|
|4||$3780 Total price|
|3||$2880 Total price|
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 191 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these sites. Subject to change slightly sometimes details are provided with rates as applicable at the moment. (Children under 12 years will be charged half rate 50%)
- Kandy Perahara Period for ten nights from 16th August to 25th August 2018 (Per room per night, only if clients are spending the night in Kandy during the Perahara Period)
Category Comfort Supplement USD 50
- For Reservations during, Super Peak Period – 21 December 2018 to 10 January 2019 period please contact us for further details. As Peak supplements apply at hotels during this period & this will change according to the category of hotels and actual days of stay at each hotel.
- If required we can modify the program to have the last night in a beach hotel south of Colombo or in Negombo then proceed to the airport. Any other modifications to the program can be arranged as per individual preferences.
- CANCELLATION POLICY – You may cancel your booking at any time prior to commencement of the reservations which has to be acknowledged by our company in writing. If the cancellation is made 44 days before the first date of the reservation we will retain your 1st small deposit to cover our costs. If the cancellation is notified less than 44 days prior to the first date of reservation following additional cancellation charges will apply.
- Less than 44 days before arrival 25% of total invoice
- Less than 21 days before arrival 50% of total invoice
- Less than 15 days before arrival 100% of total invoice
- No show or early departure 100% of total invoice