Glimpse Tour – 4 Days – Sri Lanka
If you are visiting the Island for a few days & and you would like to have a glimpse of Sri Lanka this would be the ideal tour for you.You can view the cultural highlights of Sri Lanka with a visit to some of the royal cities in the cultural triangle. The tour is ideal as you can cover important historic places in a short amount of time.
Day 1 AIRPORT / PINNAWELA / KANDY
If you do not have much time & would like to have a glimpse of Sri Lanka this will be the ideal tour for you as you can visit the cultural highlights of Sri Lanka with emphasis on some of the royal/historic cities and the cultural triangle.
Arrival, welcome & assistance at the airport. Leave for Kandy en route visit the Pinnawela elephant orphanage. The orphanage was established to feed, nurse & house young elephants abandoned by their mothers. The young ones often fall into pits and ravines in their quest for water during the drought period. At P.M. visit the city of Kandy. The most famous landmark of Kandy is its lake, in the center of the city. Visit the Kandy museum. Late in the evening, view the Kandyan cultural performance. The center of the traditional arts in Sri Lanka, lastly visit the temple of the sacred tooth relic of the Buddha. Rest at the hotel overnight.
Day 2 KANDY / PERADENIYA / MATALE / POLONNARUWA
After breakfast visit the Royal botanical gardens of Peradeniya which is well known for its large variety of plants. The garden is best known for its collection of orchids, the largest in Asia. Continuation to the cultural triangle zone. En route visit a spice garden and a batik factory in Matale.
You can visit Nalanda Gedige the Abu Simbel of Sri Lanka too. The final visit of the second day ends at Polonnaruwa, the second ancient capital city for three centuries. It is one of the most interesting places in Sri Lanka with many well preserved ruins of palaces and monasteries which can leave a lasting impression. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 3 SIGIRIYA / DAMBULLA / COLOMBO
After breakfast leave to Colombo, on the way visit Sigiriya, located in the north-central part of Sri Lanka, preserves the architectural tradition of the country. The town is famous for its Rock, Gardens and Sanctuary. Sigiriya gardens are the amalgamation of symmetrical and asymmetrical elements. Many experienced tourists call Sigiriya the most favorable place in Sri Lanka to visit. The Rock of Sigiriya is also known as the Lion’s Rock. Paintings of bare-breasted women were done over 1500 years ago. The Frescos in Sigiriya Rock are world famous.
En-route visit Dambulla. In Sri Lankan history the Dambulla cave complex dates back to the 3rd and 2nd centuries B.C. The Dambulla caves have been declared a world heritage site by UNESCO. It is also known for bird watching. Visit the fascinating city of Colombo which links the past with the present. You will visit the Fort area, the commercial center Pettah which is Colombo’s bustling bazaar area, a cinnamon garden which is full of large residences. Colombo is the commercial capital of Sri Lanka and the largest city. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 4 COLOMBO / AIRPORT
Breakfast at the hotel then transfer to the airport for departure or extend your visit with a beach stay. Check out 12h00.
|Day 1||Aur Blanc / Clove Garden||Thilanka Hotel / Suisse Hotel (Superior)|
|Day 2||Muwan Palassa Hotel||Girithale Hotel|
|Day 3||Fair View Hotel||Ramada Colombo|
|Day 4||No Hotel||No Hotel|
- All rates quoted are in US Dollars & net per person inclusive of all applicable taxes.
- Every two persons sharing a double or twin room at mentioned properties or similar.
- Welcomed at the airport by our representative.
- Check-in & Check-out 12h00.
- Three nights on bed & breakfast basis (breakfast only).
- Air-conditioned private vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur will be provided (Private Tour).
- No vehicle will be provided on any free days if any (as per program).
- Fuel & local assurance for vehicle & passengers while travelling included.
- The chauffeur will look after his meals & accommodation by himself.
- Basic Jeep to visit reserve included for a half day – (Entrance fees for the reserve to be paid directly by clients). If for any reason the mentioned reserve is closed we shall make arrangements to visit another reserve.
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 121 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these historical sites. (Entrance fees are subject to change, rates are as applicable at the moment – Children under 12 years will be charged a half rate in some places.)
- Personal spending (tips, laundry, mini bar, telephone, fax, beverages etc.)
- The rights to use video cameras at sites – most places they are free when you pay the entrance fees except at Kandy Tooth Temple & Pinnawela Elephant orphanage there are extra charges for Video camera’s only USD 05 per Video Camera per location.
- Medical expenses, travel insurance, international flights.
- Sri Lanka visa charges, USD 35 per person for NON SAARC countries & USD 20 for SAARC countries, can be obtained directly via the internet please visit this site (http://www.eta.gov.lk/). The process is not complicated if you have any difficulty we could make arrangements for same too in 48hrs to obtain same if details are provided to us by mail. The process is very simple payments can be paid online & with the confirmation document print out & code you have to submit passport on arrival only. The passport has to be valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday should be with you. Children under 12 years travelling with parent’s visas will be free on arrival. All others have to obtain a visit visa except for Singaporean & Maldivian passport holders who will be provided free visas on arrival.
APRIL – OCTOBER (2020)
|Number of clients||Economy (USD)||Comfort (USD)|
|02||$350 Per Person||$410 Per Person|
|04||$260 Per Person||$325 Per Person|
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 121 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these sites. Subject to change slightly sometimes details are provided with rates as applicable at the moment. (Children under 12 years will be charged half rate 50%)
- Kandy Perahara Period for ten nights from 25th july to 04th August 2020 (Per room per night, only if clients are spending the night in Kandy during the Perahara Period)
Category Economy Comfort Superior Supplement USD 60 USD 60 USD 60
- For Reservations during, Super Peak Period – 15th December 2019 to 15th January 2020 period please contact us for further details. As Peak supplements apply at hotels during this period & this will change according to the category of hotels and actual days of stay at each hotel.
- If required we can modify the program to have the last night in a beach hotel south of Colombo or in Negombo then proceed to the airport. Any other modifications to the program can be arranged as per individual preferences.
- CANCELLATION POLICY – You may cancel your booking at any time prior to commencement of the reservations which has to be acknowledged by our company in writing. If the cancellation is made 44 days before the first date of the reservation we will retain your 1st small deposit to cover our costs. If the cancellation is notified less than 44 days prior to the first date of reservation following additional cancellation charges will apply.
- Less than 44 days before arrival 25% of total invoice
- Less than 21 days before arrival 50% of total invoice
- Less than 15 days before arrival 100% of total invoice
- No show or early departure 100% of total invoice