DAY 1 AIRPORT / COLOMBO
Post arrival transfer to your hotel in Colombo, then visit the interesting city of Colombo.
This busy vibrant city entails a mixture of modern life, colonial buildings and ruins. The Colombo harbour was known to Romans, Arabs and Chinese traders over 2000 years ago. The Colombo Fort, the Portuguese established a small trading post they had laid. Colombo has several performing art centers such as Lionel Wendt Theater, the Elphinstone and the Tower Hall. The Nawaragahala is the country’s first national theatre. The world trade center (WTC), the 40 story twin tower complex is the important. Independence Square in Cinnamon Gardens is another important landmark. St. Paul’s Church Milagiriya is one of the oldest churches in Sri Lanka Colombo is an deal location to start the Sri Lanka journey.
Adjacent to Fort is Pettah-Colombo’s leading bazaar district. It has narrow cobbled streets lined with shops and street stalls that offer the most fantastic bargains. The National Museum is housed in a grand colonial building, it is the custodian of Sri Lanka’s cultural heritage. Among its exhibits are a vast collection of half a million books, more than 4000 archaic palm leaf manuscripts, rock sculptures from the ancient cities, bronze brassware and royal weapons of Sri Lankan kings and more. The most interesting among the exhibits are the regalia of the Kandyan Kings dating back to the 17th century
DAY 2 COLOMBO / KITULGALA / NUWARA ELIYA
En route to Nuwara Eliya visit Kitulgala. It is a small town to the West of Sri Lanka. The Academy Award-winning movie ‘The Bridge on the River Kwai’ originally a novel written by French author Pierre Boulle was filmed on the Kelani River near Kitulgala. Kitulgala is also a base for white-water rafting, which starts a few kilometres upstream.
Large numbers of people make the excursion from Colombo on weekends to enjoy the beautiful scenery, play in the river, have an excellent rice and curry lunch at the local restaurants. Nuwara Eliya is the heart of the tea country located at a height of 1980 meters in the central highland of a tropical Island. The weather & the climate of this location feel different comparing with other places in Sri Lanka. Therefore most of the visitors are interested in spending their Holidays in Nuwara Eliya. Apart from the assortment of climate, there are plenty of places which are really eye-catching.
Nuwara Eliya (City of Lights), also known as ’Little’ England’, was the favorite hill station of the British who tried to create Nuwara Eliya into a typical English village. The old brick Post office, country house like hill club, with it’s hunting pictures, mounted hunting trophies and fish, and it’s strict formal dinner attire; the 18 hole golf course, race course all remind you of ’England’.
Stay overnight and rest at your hotel.
DAY 3 NUWARA ELIYA / TEA PLANTATION / GAMPOLA / KANDY
Visit a tea plantation and see first hand how Ceylonese tea is produced! Next visit Gampola which is located in the Kandy District. Gampola was once the capital of Sri Lanka during the reign of King Buwanekabahu IV.
The longest sleeping Buddha statue in South Asia is located in Gampola, the Saliyalapura Temple. Among the remnants of Gampola era, the most famous temples are Lankathilaka, Gadaladeniya and Embekka Devalaya.
DAY 4 PERADENIYA / KANDY CITY / CULTURAL DANCE / TEMPLE TOOTH
After breakfast visit the Royal botanical gardens of Peradeniya which is well known for its large variety of plants. The garden is best known for its collection of orchids, the largest in Asia. At P.M. visit the city of Kandy. The most famous landmark of Kandy is its lake, in the center of the city and visit the Kandy Museum too. Late in the evening view the Kandyan cultural performance and return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
DAY 5 PINNAWELA / AIRPORT
After breakfast leave for Pinnawela & visit the elephant orphanage. The orphanage was established to feed nurse & house young elephants abandoned by their mothers. During the drought period the young ones often fall into pits and ravines in their quest for water. After your visit head towards Katunayake, for departure!
|Day 1||OZO Colombo|
|Day 2||Mirage King's Colombo|
|Day 3||Thilanka Hotel|
|Day 4||Thilanka Hotel|
|Day 5||No Hotel|
- All rates quoted are in US Dollars & net per person inclusive of all applicable taxes.
- Every two persons sharing a double or twin room at mentioned properties or similar.
- Welcomed at the airport by our representative.
- Check-in & Check-out 12h00.
- Four nights on bed & breakfast basis (breakfast only).
- Air-conditioned private vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur will be provided (Private Tour).
- No vehicle will be provided on any free days if any (as per program).
- Fuel & local assurance for vehicle & passengers while travelling included.
- The chauffeur will look after his meals & accommodation by himself.
- Basic Jeep to visit reserve included for a half day – (Entrance fees for the reserve to be paid directly by clients). If for any reason the mentioned reserve is closed we shall make arrangements to visit another reserve.
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 71 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these historical sites. (Entrance fees are subject to change, rates are as applicable at the moment – Children under 12 years will be charged a half rate in some places.)
- Personal spending (tips, laundry, mini bar, telephone, fax, beverages etc.)
- The rights to use video cameras at sites – most places they are free when you pay the entrance fees except at Kandy Tooth Temple & Pinnawela Elephant orphanage there are extra charges for Video camera’s only USD 05 per Video Camera per location.
- Medical expenses, travel insurance, international flights.
- Sri Lanka visa charges, USD 35 per person for NON SAARC countries & USD 20 for SAARC countries, can be obtained directly via the internet please visit this site (http://www.eta.gov.lk/). The process is not complicated if you have any difficulty we could make arrangements for same too in 48hrs to obtain same if details are provided to us by mail. The process is very simple payments can be paid online & with the confirmation document print out & code you have to submit passport on arrival only. The passport has to be valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday should be with you. Children under 12 years travelling with parent’s visas will be free on arrival. All others have to obtain a visit visa except for Singaporean & Maldivian passport holders who will be provided free visas on arrival.
WINTER 2017 (Excluding Period 20th December to 10th January 2018) – 1st November 2017 TO 30th April 2018
|Number of clients||Comfort (Entrance fee's to sites included) (USD)|
|6||$457 Per Person|
|4||$503 Per Person|
|2||$588 Per Person|
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 71 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these sites. Subject to change slightly sometimes details are provided with rates as applicable at the moment. (Children under 12 years will be charged half rate 50%)
- Kandy Perahara Period for ten nights from 18th July to 27th July 2018 or 17th Aug to 26th Aug 2018 – Probable dates Subject to confirmation around March 2018 only (Per room per night During Kandy Hotel Nights, only if clients are spending the night in Kandy during the Kandy Perahara Period)
Category Economy Comfort Superior Supplement USD 40 USD 50 USD 65
- For Reservations during, Super Peak Period – 21 December 2017 to 10 January 2018 period please contact us for further details. As Peak supplements apply at hotels during this period & this will change according to the category of hotels and actual days of stay at each hotel.
- If required we can modify the program to have the last night in a beach hotel south of Colombo or in Negombo then proceed to the airport. Any other modifications to the program can be arranged as per individual preferences.
- CANCELLATION POLICY – You may cancel your booking at any time prior to commencement of the reservations which has to be acknowledged by our company in writing. If the cancellation is made 44 days before the first date of the reservation we will retain your 1st small deposit to cover our costs. If the cancellation is notified less than 44 days prior to the first date of reservation following additional cancellation charges will apply.
- Less than 44 days before arrival 25% of total invoice
- Less than 21 days before arrival 50% of total invoice
- Less than 15 days before arrival 100% of total invoice
- No show or early departure 100% of total invoice