Nature & Wildlife Tour – 14 Days – Sri Lanka
If you are fond of nature this is an ideal tour for you as the tour is specifically designed for nature lovers. Mountains, plains, water falls, national parks, beaches, mountain ranges, fields, tea plantations, rain forests, rivers, landscapes and waterfalls. The tour is complemented by the islands culture and wildlife.
Day 1 AIRPORT / NEGOMBO / SIGIRIYA
If you are fond of nature this is an ideal tour for you! Sri Lanka is an island that is very attractive to nature lovers for its mountains, plains, water falls, national parks, beaches, mountain ranges, paddy fields, tea plantations, rain forests, rivers, landscapes and waterfalls.
On arrival in Sri Lanka you will be met at the international airport and then you would leave to Sigiriya. Relax at your hotel & in the early evening visit the Sigiriya rock fortress. Climb the fortress built by the patricide King Kashyapa in the 5th century A.D. Today it’s a treasure trove of rare art. In the pocket of the giant rock are the famous frescoes of the kings heavenly maidens.
Return to the hotel for dinner & an overnight stay.
Day 2 POLONNARUWA / MINNERIYA
After breakfast get ready for an excursion to Polonnaruwa, the second ancient capital city for three centuries, it is one of the most interesting places in Sri Lanka with many well preserved ruins of palaces and monasteries.
Minneriya is a small town in Sri Lanka. It is famous for two things, the great Minneriya lake builT by King Mahasen and for the Minneriya National Park which is a hot spot for safari lovers because of the abundance of Elephants. The 8890 hectares of the Minneriya National Park is an ideal eco tourism location in Sri Lanka. The park consists of mixed evergreen forest and scrub areas, it is home to Sri Lanka’s favourite & popular animals such as sambar deer, leopards and elephants.
However the central feature of the park is the ancient Minneriya Tank (built in 3rd century A.D. by King Mahasena). During the dry season (June to September) this tank is an incredible place to observe the elephants who come to bathe and graze on the grasses as well as the huge flocks of birds (cormorants and painted storks to name but a few) that come to fish in the shallow waters. Early morning and late evening are optimum observation times of the day for resident and migratory birds. Flocks of about 2000 little cormorant (Phalacrocorax niger) can be observed as they dive in the waters of the Minneriya reservoir, it is not a rare scene. In addition painted strokes (Mycteria leucocephala), Great white pelicans (Pelicanus anocrotalus), Ruddy turnstones (Arenaria interpres) and Grey herons (Ardea cinerea) too can be seen.
Return back to the hotel for dinner & overnight stay.
Day 3 DAMBULLA / KNUCKLES
The reason it is called Knuckles is because there is a mountain with five peaks in itself, that resemble the knuckles of a clenched fist when seen from the Kandy area. Since this inner mountainous area is off the motoring roads, it remains an unspoilt nature reserve even today. All major routes to the Knuckles Nature Reserve are to be covered here and large number of prime scenic images which will only do justice to this wonderful Sri Lankan World Heritage.
Stay overnight in Knuckles with accommodation & dinner included too.
Day 4 KNUCKLES RANGE / MATALE / KANDY
After breakfast you will depart for Kandy via the knuckles range. The importance of the Knuckles mountain range is obtained from several factors as it has a parasitical quality because of the mountain peaks, the crystal clear and perennial waterways, cloud forests and exquisite fauna and flora. Vibrant with history running into several millennium and a veritable treasure house of cultural heritage, the Knuckles mountain range can be considered as an mirror to the past. Arrive at the hotel in Kandy, the center of the traditional arts in Sri Lanka and visit the city of Kandy. The most famous landmark of Kandy is its lake which is in the center of the city. Later visit the Temple of the Sacred tooth relic of Buddha.
Later in the evening view a Kandyan cultural performance and stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 5 KANDY / PERADENIYA / PINNAWELA / NUWARA ELIYA
After breakfast visit the royal botanical gardens of Peradeniya which is well known for its large variety of plants, ornamental, decorative, useful & medicinal properties. There are more than 4000 plants. You can visit the elephant orphanage at Pinnawela too. The orphanage was established to feed, nurse & house young elephants abandoned by their mothers. The young ones often fall into pits and ravines in their quest for water during the drought period.
At P.M. leave for Nuwara Eliya the center of hill country en-route visit a tea plantation and witness the manufacture of the world famous Ceylon tea. Spend the evening walking in the cool climate.
Arrive at the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 6 NUWARA ELIYA / HORTON PLAINS / KITULGALA
Enjoy an early breakfast on the way to Kitulgala you will stop at the Horton Plains Nature Reserve and embark on a guided tour with a resident naturalist guide. Horton Plains is another wildlife hot spot, the vegetation over here is open, grassy woodland, home to species such as the sambar, leopard and endemic purple-faced langur here onwards you will continue to Kitulgala.
Stay overnight in Kitulgala.
Day 7 KITULGALA / SINHARAJA FOREST
After breakfast you have an option of going white water rafting in the river (minimum 2 persons are required & make payment direct). After, you will drive out to the Sinharaja Forest Reserve which is of international and ecological significance. It has recently become a world heritage site. The area has some of the best preserved virgin rain forest on earth, saved from commercial logging due to its inaccessibility.
Dinner and an overnight stay in the Sinharaja area.
Day 8 SINHARAJA FOREST / ELLA
After breakfast, the morning will be spent exploring the Singharaja rain forest. Due to the dense vegetation the wildlife is difficult to view and elusive mammals such as the leopard are present but rarely seen. You may see some of the brightly coloured birds in the region which tend to move through the jungle in mixed feeding flocks. In the afternoon you will leave to Ella.
Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 9 ELLA / UDAWALAWE
After breakfast leave early in the morning, trek along the hills of this small town area in Ella. Then you will travel South to Udawalawe. This large national park was designed to protect the diverse catchments of the Udawalawe reservoir. The vegetation here is different again; mainly compose of open parkland with some mature teak trees.
The park is home to around 400 wild elephants which are easy to spot and there are also good numbers of golden jackal, crocodile and buffalo. The afternoon will be spent out on safari in the national park. Stay overnight in Udawalawe with dinner included.
Day 10 UDAWALAWE / YALA
After breakfast in the morning you will head to the South-East corner of the island. The Yala national park is the most famous of all Sri Lanka’s parks. It contains an amazing variety of habitats from open park to dense jungle, it also contains fresh water rivers and lakes as well as beaches. Yala’s greatest claim is that it has the worlds highest concentration of leopard (though it still does not guarantee seeing any!) In the afternoon you will set off on safari into the Yala national park.
Stay overnight at the hotel & dinner is included.
Day 11 YALA / WELIGAMA / BEACH
After breakfast you will travel to your beach hotel in the South of Sri Lanka. Your journey will take you along the coast and you will be able to see the stilt fisherman in Weligama especially if you are staying at Unawatuna, if not this can be seen when traveling during day to Negombo. At P.M. relax at leisure and stay overnight at the hotel and dinner is included too.
Day 12 BEACH DAY
Another day of relaxing and enjoying the sun and sea if you want to explore further, it is possible to hire a boat to take you over to the lighthouse situated on an off-shore island. A steep climb to the top offers fantastic views of the Sri Lankan coast.
Stay overnight at the hotel & dinner is included too.
Day 13 BEACH / GALLE / MUTHURAJAWELA /NEGOMBO
After breakfast leave for Negombo en-route visit Galle. You can visit the old Portugese fort, later rebuilt and extended by the dutch is still in pristine condition. Most of Galle’s administration still takes place from the Fort. The view from the ramparts is superb. Visit a secluded off-shore village by boat in the Madhu River.
Visit a sea turtle hatcheries and after embark on an excursion to ”Muthurajawela” which translates to ”Swamp of Royal Treasure” as it is rumoured the treasures of ancient Sri Lankan king’s were buried in these swamps. The area also supports local agriculture and forestry. Visitors to the region are guided through the sanctuary areas by the staff of the Muthurajawela Marsh Centre to avoid serious harm to the marsh ecosystem.
Stay overnight at the hotel in Negombo
Day 14 AIRPORT
The tour ends today, a transfer vehicle will be provided to take you to the airport for your flight.
|Day 1||Danawwa Hotel / CHC Heritage Habarana||The Other Corner|
|Day 2||Danawwa Hotel / CHC Heritage Habarana||The Other Corner|
|Day 3||Lavendish Wild Safari||Lavendish Wild Safari / Far Cry Wasgamuwa|
|Day 4||Thotupola Residence||Suisse Hotel (Superior)|
|Day 5||Villa de Roshe||Mirage King's Cottage / Seasons Villa|
|Day 6||Rafters Retreat||Rafters Retreat (Deluxe)|
|Day 7||Bird Paradise||Rain Forest Edge|
|Day 8||Ella Gap||98 Acres|
|Day 9||Athgira River Camping||Big Game Camps|
|Day 10||Athgira River Camping||Big Game Camps|
|Day 11||Paradise Beach Club (Deluxe)||Ubuntu by Lantern (Ocean Room)|
|Day 12||Paradise Beach Club (Deluxe)||Ubuntu by Lantern (Ocean Room)|
|Day 13||Camelot Beach Hotel||Goldi Sands Hotel|
|Day 14||No Hotel||No Hotel|
- All rates quoted are in US Dollars & net per person inclusive of all applicable taxes.
- Every two persons sharing a double or twin room at mentioned properties or similar.
- Welcomed at the airport by our representative.
- Check-in & Check-out 12h00.
- Four nights on half-board basis (breakfast & dinner) and nine nights on bed & breakfast basis (breakfast only).
- Air-conditioned private vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur will be provided (Private Tour).
- No vehicle will be provided on any free days if any (as per program).
- Fuel & local assurance for vehicle & passengers while travelling included.
- The chauffeur will look after his meals & accommodation by himself.
- Basic Jeep to visit each reserve included for a half day – (Entrance fees for the reserve to be paid directly by clients). If for any reason the mentioned reserve is closed we shall make arrangements to visit another reserve.
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 325 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these historical sites. (Entrance fees are subject to change, rates are as applicable at the moment – Children under 12 years will be charged a half rate in some places.)
- Personal spending (tips, laundry, mini bar, telephone, fax, beverages etc.)
- The rights to use video cameras at sites – most places they are free when you pay the entrance fees except at Kandy Tooth Temple & Pinnawela Elephant orphanage there are extra charges for Video camera’s only USD 05 per Video Camera per location.
- Medical expenses, travel insurance, international flights.
- Sri Lanka visa charges, USD 35 per person for NON SAARC countries & USD 20 for SAARC countries, can be obtained directly via the internet please visit this site (http://www.eta.gov.lk/). The process is not complicated if you have any difficulty we could make arrangements for same too in 48hrs to obtain same if details are provided to us by mail. The process is very simple payments can be paid online & with the confirmation document print out & code you have to submit passport on arrival only. The passport has to be valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday should be with you. Children under 12 years travelling with parent’s visas will be free on arrival. All others have to obtain a visit visa except for Singaporean & Maldivian passport holders who will be provided free visas on arrival.
- Muthurajawela Mangrove Safari excursion, entrance fee and boat fee.
SUMMER 2019 (1st May – 31st October 2019)
|Number of clients||Economy (USD)||Comfort (USD)|
|4||$1060 Per Person||$1330 Per Person|
|3||$1185 Per Person||$1440 Per Person|
|2||$1330 Per Person||$1580 Per Person|
|Number of clients||Economy (USD)||Comfort (USD)|
|4||$1080 Per Person||$1440 Per Person|
|3||$1205 Per Person||$1560 Per Person|
|2||$1350 Per Person||$1690 Per Person|
WINTER 2019 (Excluding Period 15th December 2019 – 15th January 2020)
|Number of clients||Economy (USD)||Comfort (USD)|
|4||$1150 Per Person||$1580 Per Person|
|3||$1250 Per Person||$1700 Per Person|
|2||$1400 Per Person||$1840 Per Person|
|Number of clients||Economy (USD)||Comfort (USD)|
|4||$1170 Per Person||$1580 Per Person|
|3||$1270 Per Person||$1700 Per Person|
|2||$1420 Per Person||$1840 Per Person|
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 325 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these sites. Subject to change slightly sometimes details are provided with rates as applicable at the moment. (Children under 12 years will be charged half rate 50%)
- Kandy Perahara Period for ten nights from 5th August to 15th August 2019 (Per room per night, only if clients are spending the night in Kandy during the Perahara Period)
Category Economy Comfort Supplement USD 60 USD 60
- For Reservations during, Super Peak Period – 21 December 2018 to 10 January 2019 period please contact us for further details. As Peak supplements apply at hotels during this period & this will change according to the category of hotels and actual days of stay at each hotel.
- If required we can modify the program to have the last night in a beach hotel south of Colombo or in Negombo then proceed to the airport. Any other modifications to the program can be arranged as per individual preferences.
- CANCELLATION POLICY – You may cancel your booking at any time prior to commencement of the reservations which has to be acknowledged by our company in writing. If the cancellation is made 44 days before the first date of the reservation we will retain your 1st small deposit to cover our costs. If the cancellation is notified less than 44 days prior to the first date of reservation following additional cancellation charges will apply.
- Less than 44 days before arrival 25% of total invoice
- Less than 21 days before arrival 50% of total invoice
- Less than 15 days before arrival 100% of total invoice
- No show or early departure 100% of total invoice