Shoestring Tour – 14 Days – Sri Lanka
If you are looking for a tour Sri Lanka with a low budget but would like to visit the best places this will be an ideal tour for you. Accommodation in comfortable hotels, not luxury but with great value for money! A definite choice for clients who want to see Sri Lanka on a budget!
Day 1 AIRPORT / NEGOMBO
Welcome & assistance at the airport. Transfer to Negombo. Visit the fishing village in Negombo which is the center of the islands fishing community. It is largely Roman Catholic by faith, with large churches down almost every street. The sea & the catamarans are the backdrop to the Negombo scenery.
Negombo is an old Dutch Fort, which was built in 1672. It is situated near the shore and offers a glimpse into the colonization history of Sri Lanka. However, the Fort is now in a state of disrepair. Relax leisurely at the beach & stay overnight.
Day 2 NEGOMBO / SIGIRIYA
At A.M. (optional boat trip in the Negombo channel) leave to Sigiriya. At P.M. climb Sigiriya located in the North-Central part of Sri Lanka, the site preserves many of the architectural traditions in the country. The town is famous for its rock fortress, gardens and sanctuary. Sigiriya has spectacular importance in Sri Lanka.
An ancient palace complex, erected during the reign of King Kashyapa. It has been declared by UNESCO a world heritage site. Many experienced tourists call Sigiriya the most favorable place in Sri Lanka to visit. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 3 ANURADHAPURA / MIHINTALE
At A.M. get ready for an excursion to Anuradhapura & visit the ruins of the first capital founded in the 05th century B.C. It has the largest number of monuments of a great ancient civilization.
Day 4 POLONNARUWA / MEDIRIGIRIYA
At A.M. visit Polonnaruwa by bicycle. Polonnaruwa was the second ancient capital city for three centuries, it is one of the most interesting places in Sri Lanka with many well preserved ruins of palaces and monasteries. It will take your breath away with its unbelievable beauty! Late in the afternoon visit Medirigiriya. In the evening relax leisurely and stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 5 DAMBULLA / NALANDA / MATALE / KANDY
At A.M. leave for Kandy en route visit Dambulla. In Sri Lankan history the Dambulla cave complex dates back to the 3rd and 2nd century B.C. It was known even before the making of the complex as one of the largest monasteries in Sri Lanka and the caves became a major religious center too. Dambulla is best known for its wonderful cave temple complex dating back to 2nd century B.C. and it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Its also known for bird watching. You can visit Nalanda Gedige the Abu Simbel of Sri Lanka. Nalanda Gedige is one of a number of remarkable archaeological sites in Sri Lanka. On your way to Kandy you would visit a spice garden and a batik factory in Matale. In the evening arrive at Kandy, the center of the traditional arts in Sri Lanka and visit the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Buddha. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 6 PINNAWELA / TEMPLE TOOTH / MUSEUM / CULTURAL DANCE
After breakfast leave for Pinnawela & visit the elephant orphanage. The orphanage was established to feed nurse & house young elephants abandoned by their mothers. During the drought period the young ones often fall into pits and ravines in their quest for water.
At P.M. visit the city of Kandy. The most famous landmark of Kandy is its lake, in the center of the city and visit the Kandy Museum too. Late in the evening view the Kandyan cultural performance and return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 7 PERADENIYA / NUWARA ELIYA
After breakfast visit the royal botanical gardens of Peradeniya which is well known for its large variety of plants which have ornamental, decorative, useful & medicinal properties. More than 4000 species include indigenous and introduced plants.
The garden is best known for its collection of orchids the largest in Asia. At P.M. leave for Nuwara Eliya the center of hill country and en route visit a tea plantation and witness the manufacture of the world famous Ceylon tea. Gregory Lake is one of the most attractive locations in Nuwara Eliya & it was built by Governor William Gregory during 1872- 1877 periods and Shanthipura(the city view point). Spend the evening walking in the cool climate. Arrive at the hotel and stay overnight.
Day 8 NUWARELIYA / ELLA / TRAIN TRIP to BADULLA / ELLA
After breakfast leave by vehicle to Ella and from Ella station go by train to Badulla or vice versa – one way, as per the availability of the train. The journey is one of the best routes to be travel on by train as it is a combination of a joy train ride which is complemented by the beautiful view of the misty mountains, waterfalls, tea plantations & other vegetation. In the evening pay a visit to a place near Badulla and witness the Dunhinda waterfalls.
Return to Ella for an overnight stay.
Day 9 ELLA REGION TREKKING
The small town is used as a base for plenty of trekking expeditions to the surrounding countryside. A taste of the breathtaking scenery of Ella could be witnessed, if you walk into the Garden of the Grand Ella Motel (Formerly Ella Rest House), where you seem to be standing at the edge of the world, and everything around you seems to disappear at your feet. Some of the places you could see in Ella are the Ella Gap, Rawana Ella Falls, Little Adams Peak and Bambaragala Peak among many other varied pleasant walks with stunning scenery. Trekking in Ella area and stay overnight in Ella.
Day 10 ELLA / BUDURUWAGALA / YALA or BUNDALA RESERVE / TISSAMAHARAMA
Get ready and leave for Tissamaharama and en route visit Buduruwagala the seven colossal figures carved out of a rock face at Buduruwagala are reached by a side road to the west, five kilometers south of Wellawaya, on the road to Tissa. The rock itself resembles a kneeling elephant with its head bowed and the end of the folded trunk is its mouth. At P.M. enjoy a safari in the Yala Park (by jeep).
You can enjoy the amazing sights while you cruise around in a jeep! The elephant is undoubtedly the best known attraction at Yala, seen in small & large herds. Herds of spotted deer are seen all over the park too. While elephants are one of the primary attractions in Yala, what is more appealing here is the overall mood of the undisturbed jungle with the large herds of spotted Deer. For those who are sharp-eyed to observe, many of the endemic Muntjac or Barking Deer are also present here. Monkeys, the pinkish Rhesus and the grey-faced Langur Monkey, live and play on the tree tops and the ground below. Wild Buffalo and Wild Boar could give you a good surprise and a great picture, while sight of a leopard sunning itself or drinking at a water hole could be a memorable experience.
As dusk gathers, there is every chance of seeing the Ceylon Sloth Bear scampering with its young on its back. You are also bound to wait for the Python at Yala to cross the road stopping your safari at still point and the water holes will surprise you with its inhabitants of a whole colony of Crocs, some of the biggest in the Country. The Peacock is easily the most famous and common of the birds at Yala. Stay overnight stay at the hotel. Proceed to Tissamaharama. Stay overnight at the hotel. (If Yala is closed during September-October the Bundala reserve can be visited instead.)
Day 11 KATARAGAMA / BEACH
Enjoy the morning excursion to Kataragama which is a fast developing township in the South of Sri Lanka but in the olden days it was only a small village. Proceed to your beach hotel and in the evening relax and relish a delicious dinner. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 12 BEACH DAY
Relax leisurely at the beach hotel with breakfast & dinner.
Day 13 WELIGAMA / GALLE / COLOMBO
After breakfast leave for Colombo en route stop at Weligama and see the stilt fisherman. Next the city of Galle and its well preserved Dutch Fort, museum & church.
Dutch Fort: Built in 1663, the fort still retains the atmosphere and charm of Dutch days. Many old Dutch buildings are still intact inside the fort. The best way to see the fort is by walking around during sunset.
Dutch Museum: The Dutch Museum which is housed in a restored Dutch mansion of the time, contains paintings, prints, documents, furniture and ceramics from the Dutch colonial era.
Dutch Reformed Church: Built by a Dutch Army officer at the site of a previous Portuguese church and in 1754 the church is situated close to the new entrance to the fort. P.M City tour in Colombo Visit the fascinating city of Colombo, which links the past with the present. You will visit the Fort area, the commercial center, and Pettah Colombos bustling bazaar area, Cinnamon gardens that comprises of large residences and and later on enjoy your free time in Colombo. Stay overnight in a Colombo hotel.
COLOMBO / AIRPORT
After breakfast you will be transfered to the airport for departure. Rooms are available until 12h00 in the afternoon.
|Day 1||Villa Kapuru / Lavinia Hotel||Camelot Beach Hotel|
|Day 2||Wewa Addara Hotel / Muwan palassa Hotel||Sungreen Resort / Girithale Hotel|
|Day 3||Wewa Addara Hotel / Muwan palassa Hotel||Sungreen Resort / Girithale Hotel|
|Day 4||Wewa Addara Hotel / Muwan palassa Hotel||Sungreen Resort / Girithale Hotel|
|Day 5||Aur Blanc / Clove Garden Hotel||Tree of Life Hotel / Suisse Hotel (Deluxe)|
|Day 6||Aur Blanc / Clove Garden Hotel||Tree of Life Hotel / Suisse Hotel (Deluxe)|
|Day 7||Blue Meadow Hotel||Mirage King’s Cottage|
|Day 8||Rawan Face Hotel||Charya Hideaway Hotel|
|Day 9||Rawan Face Hotel||Charya Hideaway Hotel|
|Day 10||Royal Grandeur Hotel||Tamarind Tree Hotel|
|Day 11||Joe’s Unawatuna Hotel||Paradise Beach Club (Deluxe) / Mandara Mirissa Hotel|
|Day 12||Joe’s Unawatuna Hotel||Paradise Beach Club (Deluxe) / Mandara Mirissa Hotel|
|Day 13||Grand Oriental Hotel||Ramada Colombo Hotel|
|Day 14||No Hotel||No Hotel|
- All rates quoted are in US Dollars & net per person inclusive of all applicable taxes.
- Every two persons sharing a double or twin room at mentioned properties or similar.
- Welcomed at the airport by our representative.
- Check-in & Check-out 12h00.
- Two nights on half-board basis (breakfast & dinner) and eleven nights on bed & breakfast basis (breakfast only).
- Air-conditioned private vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur will be provided (Private Tour).
- No vehicle will be provided on any free days if any (as per program).
- Fuel & local assurance for vehicle & passengers while travelling included.
- The chauffeur will look after his meals & accommodation by himself.
- Basic Jeep to visit reserve included for a half day – (Entrance fees for the reserve to be paid directly by clients). If for any reason the mentioned reserve is closed we shall make arrangements to visit another reserve.
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 214 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these historical sites. (Entrance fees are subject to change, rates are as applicable at the moment – Children under 12 years will be charged a half rate in some places.)
- Personal spending (tips, laundry, mini bar, telephone, fax, beverages etc.)
- The rights to use video cameras at sites – most places they are free when you pay the entrance fees except at Kandy Tooth Temple & Pinnawela Elephant orphanage there are extra charges for Video camera’s only USD 05 per Video Camera per location.
- Medical expenses, travel insurance, international flights.
- Sri Lanka visa charges, USD 35 per person for NON SAARC countries & USD 20 for SAARC countries, can be obtained directly via the internet please visit this site (http://www.eta.gov.lk/). The process is not complicated if you have any difficulty we could make arrangements for same too in 48hrs to obtain same if details are provided to us by mail. The process is very simple payments can be paid online & with the confirmation document print out & code you have to submit passport on arrival only. The passport has to be valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday should be with you. Children under 12 years travelling with parent’s visas will be free on arrival. All others have to obtain a visit visa except for Singaporean & Maldivian passport holders who will be provided free visas on arrival.
APRIL – OCTOBER (2020)
|Number of clients||Economy (USD)||Comfort (USD)|
|02||$990 Per Person||$1195 Per Person|
|04||$810 Per Person||$1015 Per Person|
Kandy Perahara Period for ten nights from 25th July to 04th August 2020 (Per room per night, only if clients are spending the night in Kandy during the Kandy Perahara Period)
|Supplement||USD 60||USD 60||USD 60|
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 214 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these sites. Subject to change slightly sometimes details are provided with rates as applicable at the moment. (Children under 12 years will be charged half rate 50%)
- For Reservations during, Super Peak Period – 21 December 2019 to 10 January 2020 period please contact us for further details. As Peak supplements apply at hotels during this period & this will change according to the category of hotels and actual days of stay at each hotel.
- If required we can modify the program to have the last night in a beach hotel south of Colombo or in Negombo then proceed to the airport. Any other modifications to the program can be arranged as per individual preferences.
- CANCELLATION POLICY – You may cancel your booking at any time prior to commencement of the reservations which has to be acknowledged by our company in writing. If the cancellation is made 44 days before the first date of the reservation we will retain your 1st small deposit to cover our costs. If the cancellation is notified less than 44 days prior to the first date of reservation following additional cancellation charges will apply.
- Less than 44 days before arrival 25% of total invoice
- Less than 21 days before arrival 50% of total invoice
- Less than 15 days before arrival 100% of total invoice
- No show or early departure 100% of total invoice