Sri Lanka & South India Tour – 15 Days
Make your holiday an memorable one by combining your tour with two countries Srilanka & South India. Visit the ancient cities , wildlife & mountains of Sri Lanka. You can also visit the vibrant India with its splendid architecture.
Day 1 AIRPORT / NEGOMBO / CULTURAL TRIANGLE
At arrival, welcomed & assisted at the airport then leave to Sigiriya. En-route visit Negombo. The population in Negombo is largely Roman Catholic by faith, with large structured churches down almost every street. The sea & the catamarans are the backdrop to the Negombo scenery.
At P.M. pay a visit to Sigiriya located in the north-central part of Sri Lanka which preserves the architectural tradition of the country. The town is famous for its rock fortress, gardens and sanctuary. Sigiriya has spectacular importance in Sri Lanka. An ancient palace complex, erected during the reign of King Kashyapa, which has been declared by UNESCO a world heritage site. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 2 POLONNARUWA / MEDIRIGIRIYA
After breakfast get ready for an excursion to Polonnaruwa, the second ancient capital city for three centuries, it is a site which cannot be missed in Sri Lanka with many well preserved ruins of palaces and monasteries . In the late afternoon visit Medirigiriya. The Medirigiriya Vatadage is on a high circular stage. It has three concentric circles of pillars (with the same center) and a decorated stone wall about three and a half feet high. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay with dinner.
Day 3 ANURADHAPURA / MIHINTALE
After breakfast excursion to Anuradhapura & visit the ruins of the first capital founded in the 05th century BC. It is known to have the largest number of ancient monuments of a great civilization. World Heritage city Anuradhapura, in picturesque ruins, was once a major center of SriLankan civilization. In the afternoon visit Mihintale & Later on return back to your hotel for overnight stay.
Day 4 DAMBULLA / NALANDA GEDIGE/ MATALE / KANDY
After breakfast leave for Kandy En-route visit Dambulla. In Sri Lankan history, the Dambulla cave complex dates back to 3rd and 2nd centuries B.C. Even before the making of the complex it was well established as one of the largest monasteries in Sri Lanka. The Dambulla caves have been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The area is also known for bird watching, next visit Nalanda Gedige the Abu Simbel of Sri Lanka.
Nalanda Gedige is one out of a number of remarkable archaeological sites in Sri Lanka, on the way to Kandy visit a spice garden and a batik factory in Matale. In the evening arrive at the hotel in Kandy. Also known as the center of traditional arts in Sri Lanka visit the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Buddha. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay
Day 5 KANDY / PERADENIYA / NUWARA ELIYA
After breakfast visit the royal botanical gardens of Peradeniya which is well known for its large variety of plants the garden is best known for its collection of orchids which is the largest in Asia. At P.M. leave for Nuwara Eliya the center of the hill country, en-route visit a tea plantation and witness the manufacture of the world famous Ceylon tea.
Gregory Lake is one of the most attractive locations in Nuwara Eliya. Enjoy the view at Shanthipura (the city view point) and spend the evening walking in the cool climate and later on arrive at the hotel for the overnight stay.
Day 6 NUWARA ELIYA / ELLA / BUDURUWAGALA / YALA
After breakfast leave for the Tissamaharama region stop at Ella to admire the magnificent view. Then visit Buduruwagala, the term Buduruwagala means the ”rock with the statue of Buddha” and this is exactly what it is. The rock is formed into the shape of a kneeling elephant. The statues date back to 10 century A.D.
At P.M. get ready for a safari in the Yala National Park and enjoy the wilderness as you cruise around in a jeep. The breathtaking view of the wild elephants are undoubtedly the best known attraction at Yala, seen in small and large herds. The park is also known for herds of spotted deer which are found all over the park. Monkeys like the Pinkish Rhesus and the Grey-faced Langur live and play on the tree-tops and the ground below. The other animals like Wild buffalo & wild boar would startle you with their presence and the sight of a leopard sunning itself or drinking water at a water hole could be a memorable experience. Later on arrive at the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 7 WELIGAMA / GALLE / COLOMBO
After breakfast leave for Galle, en route view the stilt fisherman of Weligama as they fish, then visit the Old Portuguese fort, later rebuilt and extended by the Dutch. It is still well preserved. Most of the administration in Galle still takes place from the Fort . The view from the ramparts is superb.
A well-known fact of the Galle Fort is it being a World Heritage site and the largest remaining fortress built in Asia by European colonists. The journey then progresses towards Colombo. At P.M. visit the fascinating city of Colombo which links the past with the present. You will visit the Fort area, the commercial center, Pettah Colombo’s bustling bazaar area, a cinnamon garden which is a large residential complex. Later on return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 8 COLOMBO / AIRPORT/ COCHIN
After breakfast transfer to the airport to connect to your flight for departure. Rooms till 12h00 in the afternoon.
Upon arrival in Cochin our executive will meet you at the airport followed by transfer to hotel. Check into the hotel on arrival and rest of the day at leisure. (Overnight at Cochin) [Transport: Vehicle only for arrival transfer]
Overnight in Cochin
Day 9 COCHIN / ALLEPEY
Check out from the hotel after breakfast and proceed for sightseeing of Cochin visiting – ‘The Jewish Synagogue’ at the heart of what is locally called the Jew Town, ‘The St. Francis Church’, the oldest European Church in India, ‘The Santa Cruz Basilica’ originally built in 1557 by the Portuguese, The Dutch Palace, Spice market at the narrow streets. Later we drive to Alleppey – the land of backwaters. On arrival embark into a private house boat that is waiting to take you on a tour through the backwaters, a splendid area full of canals, lakes and coves. You can sunbathe on the deck or observe the landscape from the protection of the cabin. The population’s whole life takes place here on the water. The people sail, fish, swim and bathe here. They do their washing and their washing up. They are so adapted to the water that you can see people talking for an hour, while they are up to their necks in water. Peddlers take care of the supplies and the public transport goes on the water. Countless water birds wait for their chance to catch a fish. The trip goes through a wonderful area full of palm trees, rice fields and floating water plants that surround the boat like emerald Green Island. [Transport: Vehicle at disposal]
Overnight onboard in Houseboat
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 10 ALLEPPEY / THEKKADY
Breakfast in Thekkady
Disembark the houseboat after breakfast and drive to Periyar (also known as Thekkady). The name periyar comes after the Dam made here by the English in 1895. A wild life reserve hence is an ideal place to track down wild life such as Elephants, Bison, Deer and numerous other varieties of birds. The landscape here is with very tropical and you will be surrounded by tea, coffee & other spices. On arrival check into the hotel and visit guided plantation tour to the nearby garden where in various species of spices and other aromatic plants are cultivated. The guide explains & clarifies your doubts on this tour. [Transport: Vehicle at disposal]
Overnight in Thekkady
Day 11 THEKKADY / MADURAI
Breakfast in hotel
Check out from the hotel after breakfast and drive to Madurai. On arrival check into the hotel after refreshment proceed for sightseeing tour of Madurai visiting – the famous Meenakshi Temple, where thousands of priests and worshippers come daily, people are blessed by the temple elephant. Furthermore visit the Tirumalai Nayak palace and Gandhi Museum. Later return to hotel and after dinner visit Meenakshy temple for the ceremony with a fanfare, where the god Shiva is lead to the bedroom of his wife, Meenaksh. [Transport: Vehicle at disposal]
Overnight in Madurai
Day 12 MADURAI / TANJORE (Via Trichy Sightseeing)
Breakfast in hotel
Check out from the hotel after breakfast and drive to Tanjore. On route visit Trichy ‘a town situated on the banks of river Cauvery’ visiting the famous “ Sriranganathaswami temple” at Srirangam – The most revered of the 108 pilgrimage shrines of Vishnu, and the largest temple complex in all India, it is surrounded by seven concentric walls (the outermost wall having a perimeter of over 3 kilometers) and 21 towers called “Gopurams”. The most attractive among the Gopuras is the one at the entrance with lot of colors and stands one of the tallest amongst many other temple towers in Tamilnadu. Srirangam enshrines a statue of Vishnu reclining on a great serpent. As the next place we visit the ‘Rock fort temple’ at the main town. A 437 rock cut steps will reach you to the Ganesh Shrine on top of this rock. A view of entire Trichy town from here is breath taking. Later we head to reach Tanjore. On arrival check into the hotel after refreshment proceed for sightseeing of Tanjore visiting the world famous Brihadeshwar temple (houses one of Asia’s biggest nandi – the bull). The temple built by the cholas is very special for its architecture. The most special is that the temple does not have a shadow falling on ground at any time of day but falls on its own body.
Return back to hotel and rest of the day at leisure. [Transport: Vehicle at disposal]
Overnight in Tanjore
Day 13 TANJORE / MAMALLAPURAM (Via Pondicherry sightseeing)
Check out from the hotel after breakfast and drive to Mamallapuram. On route visit Pondicherry – Sri Manakula Vinayagar temple, Aurobindo Ashram, Auroville – an universal town. Later we head to reach Mamallapuram. On arrival check into he hotel and rest of the day at leisure. [Transport: Vehicle at disposal]
Overnight in Mamallapuram
Day 14 MAMALLAPURAM / SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast proceed for sightseeing of Mamallapuram visiting The Arjuna`s Penance (Bass Relief) and onward visiting monuments of Krishnas Butterball, Rayalagopuram, Ganeshratha, Varahacave, Ottikkal mandapam, Trimurthi caves, Koneri mandapam, Lions throne, Mahishasuramardini mandapam, Dharmaraja mandapam, Ramanuja mandapam, Five rathas (symbolises equality of men & women) & to end with at the famous Shore temple. Return to hotel and at rest of the day at leisure. [Transport: Vehicle at disposal]
Overnight in Mamallapuram
Day 15 AIRPORT
Check out from the hotel after breakfast and drive to Chennai airport for flight back home. [Transport: Vehicle only for departure transfer].
|Day 1||Giritale Hotel||Camelia Resort & Spa||Habarana Village|
|Day 2||Giritale Hotel||Camelia Resort & Spa||Habarana Village|
|Day 3||Giritale Hotel||Camelia Resort & Spa||Habarana Village|
|Day 4||The Kandyan||Suisse Hotel - Deluxe room||Mahaweli Reach|
|Day 5||Villa de Roshe||Mirage King's Cottage||Grand Hotel|
|Day 6||Hibiscus Garden||Chandrika Hotel -|
|Day 7||Mirage Hotel||OZO Colombo - Sleep room||Taj Samudra|
|Day 8||Abad Pepper Routes||NO18||Tea Bungalow|
|Day 9||AC Houseboat||AC Houseboat||AC Houseboat - Deluxe room|
|Day 10||El Paradiso||Abad Green Forest||Shalimar Spice Garden|
|Day 11||Madurai Rsidency||Fortune Pandiyan||Heritage Madurai|
|Day 12||Laxmi Hotel||Sangam||Ideal River View|
|Day 13||Mamalla Heritage||Ideal Beach Resort||Grande Bay Resort|
|Day 14||Mamalla Heritage||Ideal Beach Resort||Grande Bay Resort|
|Day 15||No Hotel||No Hotel||No Hotel|
The Sri Lankan part of the tour
- Welcomed at the airport by Acme representative.
- The accommodation in Double/Twin or Triple bed rooms in the hotels mentioned or similar. Check-in Check-out 12h00.
- Three nights on half-board basis (breakfast & dinner) and four nights on bed & breakfast basis (breakfast only).
- Air-conditioned Private vehicle with English speaking chauffeur will be provided (Private Tour). No vehicle will be provided on any free days if any as per program.
- Fuel & local assurance for vehicle included.
- The chauffeur will look after his meals & accommodation by himself.
- Basic Jeep to visit reserve included – (entrance fees for the reserve to be paid directly by clients).
- The excursions and sightseeing mentioned in program (All entrance fees are to be paid directly by clients at the sites).
The South India part of tour
- Welcome drinks on arrival
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Buffet breakfast at listed hotels or equivalent
- Transportation by Air-conditioned car for the entire tour as per the Itinerary
- Stay at the Houseboat on full board basis. Cruise: Alleppey round trip
- Kathakali dance performance visit at Thekkady
- Spice plantation tour charges at Thekkady
- Entrance fees charges at Cochin, Thekkady, Madurai, Tanjore and Mamallapuram
- On spot English speaking guide in Cochin, Madurai, Tanjore and Mamallapuram
- Traditional lunch at Mamallapuram
- One bottle of water during travelling day
- Current applicable taxes
The Sri Lankan part of the tour
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 174 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these historical sites. (Entrance fees are subject to change, rates are as applicable at the moment – Children under 12 years will be charged a half rate in some places.)
- Personal spending (tips, laundry, mini bar, telephone, fax, beverages etc.)
- The rights to use video cameras at sites – most places they are free when you pay the entrance fees except at Kandy Tooth Temple & Pinnawela Elephant orphanage there are extra charges for Video camera’s only USD 05 per Video Camera per location.
- Medical expenses, travel insurance, international flights.
- Sri Lanka visa charges, USD 35 per person for NON SAARC countries & USD 20 for SAARC countries, can be obtained directly via the internet please visit this site (http://www.eta.gov.lk/). The process is not complicated if you have any difficulty we could make arrangements for same too in 48hrs to obtain same if details are provided to us by mail. The process is very simple payments can be paid online & with the confirmation document print out & code you have to submit passport on arrival only. The passport has to be valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday should be with you. Children under 12 years travelling with parent’s visas will be free on arrival. All others have to obtain a visit visa except for Singaporean & Maldivian passport holders who will be provided free visas on arrival.
- Maldives passport holders get free visa for holiday on arrival provided they have passport valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday.This tour can be done either way, starting from Maldives or from Sri Lanka & ending in Sri Lanka or Maldives. It is up to the clients convenience, the tour can be adjusted accordingly.
The South India part of tour
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephones, tipping, porters, etc.
- Lunch & dinner except mentioned in the above
- All Camera and guide charges at sight seeing spots except mentioned above
- All other than those listed in above inclusions
- International / Inland flight tickets
Air tickets are not included in our prices to travel Sri Lanka to India (Cochin.) If required we can provide the same separately. Please contact us by email or by providing the necessary details through the inquiry form, to make arrangements for the air tickets.
SUMMER 2018 1st May – 31st October 2018
|Number of clients||Economy (USD)||Comfort (USD)||Superior (USD)|
|6||$1010 Per Person||$1318 Per Person||$1862 Per Person|
|4||$1216 Per Person||$1350 Per Person||$2025 Per Person|
|2||$1440 Per Person||$1796 Per Person||$2292 Per Person|
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 174 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these sites. Subject to change slightly sometimes details are provided with rates as applicable at the moment. (Children under 12 years will be charged half rate 50%).
- Kandy Perahara Period for ten nights from 18th July to 27th July 2018 or 17th Aug to 26th Aug 2018 – Probable dates Subject to confirmation around March 2018 only (Per room per night During Kandy Hotel Nights, only if clients are spending the night in Kandy during the Kandy Perahara Period)
Category Economy Comfort Supplement USD 60 USD 60
- For Reservations during, Super Peak Period – 21 December 2018 to 10 January 2019 period please contact us for further details. As Peak supplements apply at hotels during this period & this will change according to the category of hotels and actual days of stay at each hotel.
- If required we can modify the program to have the last night in a beach hotel south of Colombo or in Negombo then proceed to the airport. Any other modifications to the program can be arranged as per individual preferences.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
- Less than 45 days before arrival 40% of total invoice
- Less than 30 days before arrival 60% of total invoice
- Less than 21 days before arrival 85% of total invoice
- Less than 15 days before arrival 100% of total invoice
- No show or early departure 100% of total invoice