Sri Lanka, South India & Maldives Tour – 15 Days
Make your holiday a memorable one with combining your tour with three countries at the same time Sri Lanka, India & Maldives.Visit the ancient cities culture , wildlife & the mountains in Sri Lanka. Visit colourful India with its splendid architecture and enjoy your beach holiday in Maldives.
Day 1 AIRPORT / NEGOMBO / CULTURAL TRIANGLE
First visit Srilanka where upon arrival, you will be welcomed & assisted at the airport then leave to Sigiriya. En-route visit Negombo. The population in Negombo is largely Roman Catholic by faith, with large structured churches down almost every street. The sea & the catamarans are the backdrop to the Negombo scenery.
At P.M. pay a visit to Sigiriya located in the north-central part of Sri Lanka which preserves the architectural tradition of the country. The town is famous for its rock fortress, gardens and sanctuary. Sigiriya has spectacular importance in Sri Lanka. An ancient palace complex, erected during the reign of King Kashyapa, which has been declared by UNESCO a world heritage site. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 2 POLONNARUWA / MEDIRIGIRIYA
After breakfast get ready for an excursion to Polonnaruwa, the second ancient capital city for three centuries, it is a site which cannot be missed in Sri Lanka with many well preserved ruins of palaces and monasteries . In the late afternoon visit Medirigiriya. The Medirigiriya Vatadage is on a high circular stage. It has three concentric circles of pillars (with the same center) and a decorated stone wall about three and a half feet high. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay with dinner.
Day 3 ANURADHAPURA / MIHINTALE
After breakfast excursion to Anuradhapura & visit the ruins of the first capital founded in the 05th century BC. It is known to have the largest number of ancient monuments of a great civilization. World Heritage city Anuradhapura, in picturesque ruins, was once a major center of SriLankan civilization. In the afternoon visit Mihintale & Later on return back to your hotel for overnight stay.
Day 4 DAMBULLA / NALANDA GEDIGE/ MATALE / KANDY
After breakfast leave for Kandy En-route visit Dambulla. In Sri Lankan history, the Dambulla cave complex dates back to 3rd and 2nd centuries B.C. Even before the making of the complex it was well established as one of the largest monasteries in Sri Lanka. The Dambulla caves have been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The area is also known for bird watching, next visit Nalanda Gedige the Abu Simbel of Sri Lanka.
Nalanda Gedige is one out of a number of remarkable archaeological sites in Sri Lanka, on the way to Kandy visit a spice garden and a batik factory in Matale. In the evening arrive at the hotel in Kandy. Also known as the center of traditional arts in Sri Lanka visit the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Buddha. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay
Day 5 KANDY / PERADENIYA / NUWARA ELIYA
After breakfast visit the royal botanical gardens of Peradeniya which is well known for its large variety of plants the garden is best known for its collection of orchids which is the largest in Asia. At P.M. leave for Nuwara Eliya the center of the hill country, en-route visit a tea plantation and witness the manufacture of the world famous Ceylon tea.
Gregory Lake is one of the most attractive locations in Nuwara Eliya. Enjoy the view at Shanthipura (the city view point) and spend the evening walking in the cool climate and later on arrive at the hotel for the overnight stay.
Day 6 NUWARA ELIYA / ELLA / BUDURUWAGALA / YALA
After breakfast leave for the Tissamaharama region stop at Ella to admire the magnificent view. Then visit Buduruwagala, the term Buduruwagala means the ”rock with the statue of Buddha” and this is exactly what it is. The rock is formed into the shape of a kneeling elephant. The statues date back to 10 century A.D.
At P.M. get ready for a safari in the Yala National Park and enjoy the wilderness as you cruise around in a jeep. The breathtaking view of the wild elephants are undoubtedly the best known attraction at Yala, seen in small and large herds. The park is also known for herds of spotted deer which are found all over the park. Monkeys like the Pinkish Rhesus and the Grey-faced Langur live and play on the tree-tops and the ground below. The other animals like Wild buffalo & wild boar would startle you with their presence and the sight of a leopard sunning itself or drinking water at a water hole could be a memorable experience. Later on arrive at the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 7 WELIGAMA / GALLE / COLOMBO
After breakfast leave for Galle, en route view the stilt fisherman of Weligama as they fish, then visit the Old Portuguese fort, later rebuilt and extended by the Dutch. It is still well preserved. Most of the administration in Galle still takes place from the Fort . The view from the ramparts is superb.
A well-known fact of the Galle Fort is it being a World Heritage site and the largest remaining fortress built in Asia by European colonists. The journey then progresses towards Colombo. At P.M. visit the fascinating city of Colombo which links the past with the present. You will visit the Fort area, the commercial center, Pettah Colombo’s bustling bazaar area, a cinnamon garden which is a large residential complex. Later on return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 8 COLOMBO / AIRPORT / COCHIN
Upon arrival at Cochin, our Executive will meet you at the Airport followed by transfer to hotel.
(Overnight at Cochin) [Transport: Vehicle only for arrival transfer]
Note: Sightseeing will be organized depending on the flight schedule only
Day 9 COCHIN / PERIYAR
Check out from hotel after breakfast drive to Periyar (also known as Thekkady). The name Periyar comes after the Dam made here by the English in 1895. On arrival check on to hotel and evening leave for guided plantation tour to the nearby garden where in various species of spices and other aromatic plants are cultivated. The guide explains & clarifies your doubts on this tour. Depending on the day’s opportunity you will also taken to visit a tea factory nearby. (Overnight at Periyar) [Transport: Vehicle at disposal]
Day 10 PERIYAR / ALLEPPEY
Check out from the hotel after breakfast and drive to Alleppey – the land of Backwaters. Upon arrival embark into the private House boat that is waiting to take you on a tour through the backwaters, a splendid area full of canals, lakes and coves. You can sunbathe on the deck or observe the landscape from the protection of the cabin. The population’s whole life takes place here on the water. The people sail, fish, swim and bathe here. They do their washing and their washing up. They are so adapted to the water that you can see people talking for an hour, while they are up to their necks in water. Peddlers take care of the supplies and the public transport goes on the water. Countless water birds wait for their chance to catch a fish. The trip goes through a wonderful area full of palm trees, rice fields and floating water plants that surround the boat like emerald Green Island. (Overnight onboard Houseboat)
[Transport: Vehicle at disposal]
Day 11 ALLEPPEY / KOVALAM
Disembark the Houseboat and drive to “Kovalam beach” which is rich with palm trees. The journey through the tropical landscape of Kerala gives a good idea of people living in here. Kovalam beach is one of the most beautiful seaside resorts in India. On arrival Kovalam check in to hotel and rest of the day at leisure. (Overnight at Kovalam) [Transport: Vehicle at disposal]
Day 12 AIRPORT / MALDIVES RESORT
Check out from the hotel after breakfast and drive to Trivandrum airport for the onward flight to Maldives.
[Transport: Vehicle only for departure transfer]
Day 13 MALDIVES RESORT
Relax freely at the selected beach resort in Maldives.
Day 14 MALDIVES RESORT
Relax freely at the selected beach resort in Maldives.
Day 15 MALDIVES RESORT / AIRPORT
Transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
|Day 1||Giritale Hotel||Camelia Resort & Spa||Habarana Village|
|Day 2||Giritale Hotel||Camelia Resort & Spa||Habarana Village|
|Day 3||Giritale Hotel||Camelia Resort & Spa||Habarana Village|
|Day 4||The Kandyan||Suisse Hotel - Deluxe room||Mahaweli Reach|
|Day 5||Villa de Roshe||Mirage King's Cottage||Grand Hotel|
|Day 6||Hibiscus Garden||Chandrika Hotel -|
|Day 7||Mirage Hotel||OZO Colombo - Sleep room||Taj Samudra|
|Day 8||Homestay||NO 18||Tea Bungalow|
|Day 9||El Paradiso||Elephant Court||Shalimar Spice Garden|
|Day 10||AC House Boat||AC House Boat||AC House Boat - Deluxe room|
|Day 11||Neelakanda||Somatheeram||Turtle on the beach|
|Day 12||Embudu Village - Superior room (AC)||Paradise Island -|
|Maldives Oluvehli - Deluxe Water Villa
|Day 13||Embudu Village - Superior room (AC)||Paradise Island -|
|Maldives Oluvehli - Deluxe Water Villa
|Day 14||Embudu Village - Superior room (AC)||Paradise Island -|
|Maldives Oluvehli - Deluxe Water Villa
|Day 15||No Hotel||No Hotel||No Hotel|
All rates quoted are in US Dollars & net per person inclusive of all applicable taxes
If you are traveling alone please send us an email we shall advise you the details
The Srilankan part of the tour
- Welcomed at the airport by Acme representative.
- The accommodation in Double/Twin or Triple bed rooms in the hotels mentioned or similar. Check-in Check-out 12h00.
- Three nights on half-board basis (breakfast & dinner) and four nights on bed & breakfast basis (breakfast only).
- Air-conditioned Private vehicle with English speaking chauffeur will be provided (Private Tour). No vehicle will be provided on any free days if any as per program.
- Fuel & local assurance for vehicle included.
- The chauffeur will look after his meals & accommodation by himself.
- Basic Jeep to visit reserve included – (entrance fees for the reserve to be paid directly by clients).
- The excursions and sightseeing mentioned in program (All entrance fees are to be paid directly by clients at the sites).
Maldives – Part of Tour
- Welcomed at the airport by our representative.
- Transfers from airport to the hotel and vice versa . Travel by Speed Boat for (Economy / Comfort / Superior)
- All Transfers during Day light hours only.
- The accommodation in Twin/Double Triple bed rooms in the the resorts mentioned or similar.
- Check-in 14h00/Check-out 12h00
- Economy category – Meals on Full Board Basis for 3 nights.
- Comfort category – Meals on Full Board Basis for 3 nights.
- Superior category – All Inclusive Basis for 3 nights.
- All rates quoted are in US Dollars & net per person inclusive of all applicable taxes.
- Please note for some nationalities passport holders these rates will not be valid. (Eastern European passport holders , Japanese , Chinese Passport holders. We will need your nationality of all the travelling party members to apply these rates specially in Maldives. Please be kind enough to advise us your nationalities when making the booking.
- If you are traveling alone please send us an email we shall advise you the details.
South India – Part of Tour
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in the listed hotels (or) equivalent
- Buffet breakfast in listed hotels (or) equivalent
- Transportation by Air-conditioned Car for the entire tour as per the Itinerary
- Spice plantation tour at Thekkady
- Stay at Air-Conditioned Houseboat on full board basis [Alleppey – Alleppey round trip]
- Entrance fees at Cochin & Thekkady only
- On spot English speaking guide in Cochin only
- Current applicable taxes
- All entrance fees as per program to be paid directly in Sri Lanka Rupees and it will cost around USD 174 per person. Please change foreign currency in to SLRS at the airport after customs, there are many 24hrs bank counters at the airport as all these payments have to be made only in SLRS. No credit card payments are accepted at these historical sites. (Entrance fees are subject to change, rates are as applicable at the moment – Children under 12 years will be charged a half rate in some places.)
- Personal spending (tips, laundry, mini bar, telephone, fax, beverages etc.)
- The rights to use video cameras at sites – most places they are free when you pay the entrance fees except at Kandy Tooth Temple & Pinnawela Elephant orphanage there are extra charges for Video camera’s only USD 05 per Video Camera per location.
- Medical expenses, travel insurance, international flights.
- Sri Lanka visa charges, USD 35 per person for NON SAARC countries & USD 20 for SAARC countries, can be obtained directly via the internet please visit this site (http://www.eta.gov.lk/). The process is not complicated if you have any difficulty we could make arrangements for same too in 48hrs to obtain same if details are provided to us by mail. The process is very simple payments can be paid online & with the confirmation document print out & code you have to submit passport on arrival only. The passport has to be valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday should be with you. Children under 12 years travelling with parent’s visas will be free on arrival. All others have to obtain a visit visa except for Singaporean & Maldivian passport holders who will be provided free visas on arrival.
- Maldives passport holders get free visa for holiday on arrival (in Sri Lanka) provided they have passport valid for six months from the day of arrival return air tickets & sufficient funds or reservations for the holiday.
- This tour can be done either way, starting from South India, Maldives or from Sri Lanka & ending in Sri Lanka, Maldives or South India. It is up to the clients convenience, the tour can be adjusted accordingly.
- All other than those listed in above inclusions
- Additional expense which may arise due to strikes and natural calamities etc… situation beyond control
- International / Inland flight tickets
WINTER 2017 (Excluding Period 20th December to 10th January 2018) – 1st November 2017 TO 30th April 2018
|Number of clients||Economy (USD)||Comfort (USD)||Superior (USD)|
|6||$1465 per person||$1954 per person||$2834 per person|
|4||$1557 per person||$2076 per person||$2931 per person|
|2||$1775 per person||$2282 per person||$3114 per person|
Sri Lanka, India & Maldives do not entertain any excuses under any circumstances
Cancellation made 35 days prior to arrival date: 40% of the total Invoice.
Cancellation made 28 days prior to arrival date: 60% of the total Invoice.
Cancellation made 21 days prior to arrival date: 85% of the total Invoice.
Cancellation made 15 days prior to arrival date: 100% of the total Invoice.
No Show or early departure 100% of the total Invoice.